There are newer employer reviews for Orthofix

Orthofix is a world class organization focused on continuous improvement, quality, and employee satisfaction.

Current Employee - Design Assurance  in  Lewisville, TX
Current Employee - Design Assurance in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Orthofix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee focused, great quality, focused on continuous improvement, great leadership.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Keep up the great work.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Orthofix (View Most Recent)

Change is the only Constant

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Director in Washington, DC

I worked at Orthofix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Solid Financials with legacy bone growth stimulation lines to generate revenue for development and growth. Well rounded Spinal Implant and biologic lines that are competitive.

Cons

Revolving Door of field level management has hampered maintaining and growing surgeon and distributor focus. Field based managers are relatively inexperienced in their specialty fields. Cost cutting measures have reduced the level of interaction with customers and the distribution sales force.

Dump management, drop stim, promote your really good lower-level employees! You have a lot!

Current Employee - Sales Administration  in  Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Administration in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Orthofix

Pros

Above-average compensation (Which ends up being a double-edged sword as you feel you cannot leave to anywhere else without taking a major paycut)
    Good benefits
    Decent amount of PTO
    Cool perks (free coffee, lunches sometimes brought in)

Cons

The "honeymoon" phase is over in about 6-12 months depending on which dept you work, before that it seems like an awesome place to work, until you figure out what is really going on behind the scenes
    Absolutely atrocious management in most divisions with the exception of Spinal Implants and the Finance & IT depts. (I will say if you get into one of the depts you'll probably be great)
    Lack of solid leadership from top-down. (with the exception of a few presidents who from what I've heard are now GONE anyway)
    Game-playing and politics are a constant poison to the environment, and most of it is instituted by upper management with the lower-level employees taking the brunt of the consequence. And I am talking serious game-playing, including sabotage in the form of gossip amongst middle-management. Trust NO ONE with any piece of information.
    Favoritism is extremely tangible at this company.
    Lack of recognition for employees who consistently perform hard.
    Cannot get promoted unless you play the 'game' and even then you have to be careful because if you are too good you may be seen as a threat, so you won't go anywhere either!
    All of this sounds very over-dramatized, but I assure you, I am trying to sound as objective as possible as I was not technically 'burned' by anyone. I left on my own accord as I possessed stellar reviews and was repeatedly told there was options for advancement, however I would then get passed over by other individuals without even the opportunity for an interview. (meaning job was not posted at all for anyone to apply)

Re-evaluate most or all members of management against the employees opinions. Generally the members of middle-management are able to tell their side of any story and 'sell' themselves so they shine, while their subordinates remain voiceless, even if the employee's record indicates supreme performance, you will still have to fight against that black mark that was made that you didn't even get to defend yourself of (or possibly even know about and you wonder why you work so hard and can't get anywhere).
    Also, FORGET STIM, it is dying and dying very fast. Focus on Trinity/Spinal implants divisions.

There are newer employer reviews for Orthofix

Worked for Orthofix? Contribute to the Community!