Oshkosh Corporation
www.oshkoshcorporation.com Oshkosh, WI 5000+ Employees

Great for unlimited overtime, no benefits, burn out and leave when your bills are paid.

Buyer (Former Employee)
Oshkosh, WI

I worked at Oshkosh Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsI made $20 an hour and worked there for 1 year and a half. The job offered almost unlimited overtime on occasion and there are times when the work can seem enjoyable if you are organized and like hassling suppliers, which at times I did. There was some autonomy depending on the work load.

ConsYou will do data entry and cold calling until you imprint excel sheets in your eyes and your hand ache. You will also feel like a glorified intern however, the interns will feel like they are above you as they get more project work and more interesting work than you. As a contractor, you will likely be treated as disposable labor. There is also a everyone for themself attitude. Little to no culture of friendship or comradery. Nobody seems to be friends and everyone is there just for a paycheck. When you take this job, it will likely be for the money, however when the money is no longer worth the job you will have a hard time leaving this job for more fullfiling work because they are known for burning out employees so that even with what litle time you have left after working 55 hours you don't have the energy to look for a job elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow interest and build real relationships with your employees. Act like you care and it will go a long ways. Occaisionally, ask an employee how his work is going and just be friendly rather than treating them like they are equipment to be used and disposed of.

Great entry level job with a major company lots of perks and friendly people

201 Assembler (Former Employee)
Oshkosh, WI

I worked at Oshkosh Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great Paying Job (while it lasted) Great Insurance Lots of over time, 12 paid holidays. The company shuts the plant down two weeks a year for… Cons: You never have a trash can when u need one. Manditory over time. lack of proper notification of over time. Production hours change week to week. Use… Advice to Senior Management: Bring back the trash cans to the main line! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Experience

Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee)
Appleton, WI

I worked at Oshkosh Corporation as an intern for less than a year

Pros: This was a great place to work! Cons: Not too much to complain about Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Oshkosh Corporation.

Worked for Oshkosh Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oshkosh Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oshkosh Corporation CEO Charles L. Szews. All reviews posted anonymously by Oshkosh Corporation employees.