There are newer employer reviews for Oshkosh Corporation

Big company, small vision

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at Oshkosh Corporation full-time

Pros

Oshkosh is the market leader in tactical wheeled vehicles for all branches of the military. They make GREAT vehicles. Recent emphasis in the global market is encouraging.

Cons

Oshkosh does not see the big picture when it comes to life cycle customer support. The aftermarket support is minimal at best and not taken seriously by upper leadership

Research other business segments, like aviation, to better understand the revenue potential after the sale of the vehicle to the customer. Way too much emphasis is given to the next big contract when more emphasis should be supporting the customers Oshkosh already has.

reviews filtered by

Great product, but that is where the fun ends

Former Employee - Senior Industrial Engineer in Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Industrial Engineer in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Fantastic product; can be proud of what you are part of
    -OK company to get your start; will hire entry level engineers, etc.
    -Oshkosh as a city can be fun and entertaining

Cons

-Looooooong hours; expect to work 60+ if salary
    -Union does not budge
    -Entitled management
    -Very Stressful
    -Prepare to live underneath a bus; will be thrown there constantly and consistently
    -Pay/per hour is laughable when considering the amount of hours
    -Very undefined roles and responsibilities
    -Unhappy work force; very low morale

The happiest day of my professional life was when I left OSK. I can say I miss my co-workers, but that is the extent of my nostalgia.

Great for unlimited overtime, no benefits, burn out and leave when your bills are paid.

Former Employee - Buyer in Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - Buyer in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I made $20 an hour and worked there for 1 year and a half. The job offered almost unlimited overtime on occasion and there are times when the work can seem enjoyable if you are organized and like hassling suppliers, which at times I did. There was some autonomy depending on the work load.

Cons

You will do data entry and cold calling until you imprint excel sheets in your eyes and your hand ache. You will also feel like a glorified intern however, the interns will feel like they are above you as they get more project work and more interesting work than you. As a contractor, you will likely be treated as disposable labor. There is also a everyone for themself attitude. Little to no culture of friendship or comradery. Nobody seems to be friends and everyone is there just for a paycheck. When you take this job, it will likely be for the money, however when the money is no longer worth the job you will have a hard time leaving this job for more fullfiling work because they are known for burning out employees so that even with what litle time you have left after working 55 hours you don't have the energy to look for a job elsewhere.

Show interest and build real relationships with your employees. Act like you care and it will go a long ways. Occaisionally, ask an employee how his work is going and just be friendly rather than treating them like they are equipment to be used and disposed of.

There are newer employer reviews for Oshkosh Corporation