Time to get out

Former Employee - Project Engineer  in  Oshkosh, WI
Former Employee - Project Engineer in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at Oshkosh Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When the going is good things are great.This is a company that has so much potential to grow and develop its units. Still hiring people - so many corporate opportunities.
Have great social life with co-workers but there tends to be a very loose policy especially drinking.
Opportunities ( in the past) have been fantastic for rapid promotion.

Cons

Working conditions - verbally not good ??? To much abuse down the chain. I have personally seen the transition into the business of new divisions only to be talked down and squashed by corporate administrators here in WI. We were ONE Oshkosh - remember!
Leadership is weak. Senior executives get away with a lot and are not punished while mid levels are crucified at every turn. This company is underachieving and hurting its own assets.

Grow some! Get on top of your senior management who talk smack and act like bullies. If the Exec turns up to a meeting hung over - kick their butt !!
I think I have put it out there well. You have quality people working for you but some senior executives are more concerned with smear campaigns than getting on with the job.
Oh and CEO - Take a weekend off!

Other Reviews for Oshkosh Corporation

Not a bad place for an internship.

Current Employee - Information Technology Intern  in  Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Information Technology Intern in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation as an intern for more than a year

Pros

For an internship, they are very flexible with students and will try to accommodate them as much as possible.

Cons

There can be periods of time where there isn't much work that an intern can do. There is also the matter of little training going on as well.

You have a pretty nice internship program, but you hire very few from it because you seem to only want senior level experience. You have plenty of valuable skills coming out of nearby colleges.

OverallGreat Experience.

Former Employee - Sales Administrator  in  Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Administrator in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at Oshkosh Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Office Culture, people, decent benefits, good work/life balance

Cons

not much areas for advancement

promotions

There are newer employer reviews for Oshkosh Corporation.

Worked for Oshkosh Corporation? Contribute to the Community!