Osram Sylvania
www.sylvania.com Danvers, MA 5000+ Employees

If you like change, this is the place for you

Marketing Associate (Current Employee)
Danvers, MA

ProsExcellent people, Danvers is convenient to 128 and flex time is available. Managers are not time clock micro-managers, if you have an appointment or sick child, they are very understanding. Working at home is also an option. Many training programs available and opportunities to learn.

ConsContinuous reorganizations and severance programs create loss of experienced personnel, which in turn causes one person to do the job of three. Owned by German company that does not value or appreciate American work ethics. Jobs are posted when they are actually already promised to a department "favorite" or current employee's offspring. "Old Boys Club" and favoritism runs rampant.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate one game plan and stick to it, give it a chance to work before pulling the plug. Communicate to lower levels and stop with the favoritism.

Poor Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Osram Sylvania full-time

Pros: Large company with good family benefits. Great R&D team… Cons: Management is in disarray. No one takes ownership for… Advice to Senior Management: Why do all your great and good sales people leave?… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

cut backing itself to death,employees are not treated as people but as exploitable resource

Forklift Driver (Current Employee)
    Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Osram Sylvania full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: it suits my financial needs at the moment. Cons: cut backs on positions force management to do a a half fast sloppy job and not care about anything, get it done at any cost..… Advice to Senior Management: you cant make money, without spending money. reinvest capitol into maintaining equipment or upgrading. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Osram Sylvania.

Worked for Osram Sylvania? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Osram Sylvania reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Osram Sylvania CEO Rick Leaman. All reviews posted anonymously by Osram Sylvania employees.