Ossip Optometry
ossip.com Indianapolis, IN 50 to 149 Employees

Ossip big service with a Mayberry feel.

Human Resources Director (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

ProsOssip is very a company that feels like home. Everyone is so nice and it's easy to get up and come in to work. The doctors are wonderful and the products are something that sell themselves. The frames are beautifully crafted and soemthing you don't find in the general Indianapolis market.

Growth opportunities are there for individuals wanting to move. The organizaiton is continually changing and growth comes up change.

ConsBecause the company is not a large national company, there are some sacrafices everyone has to make. So money for outside training isn't something readily available.

Because there are a lot of long term employees, sometimes it takes a little longer for a position to come available and people who want to move quickly may have to wait longer than they would prefer.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate, communicate, communicate. It's the best thing anyone can do.

Rapid Growth with Not Enough Support

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ossip Optometry full-time

Pros: The people. Everyone there is incredibly nice to work… Cons: The company is growing way too fast. It went from a service focused small business feel to a corporate retail feel. It's operating… Advice to Senior Management: Take the time to focus on what you have and let the systems catch up to the growth. You're… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

current employee satisfied with experience.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ossip Optometry full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The management truly cares about the individual. Just like any business, there are decisions that need… Cons: There is a huge turn around time for ordering glasses. There is an entire department at corporate called ODD that I have no… Advice to Senior Management: Continue with leadership education and investing in your team. Please stay away from the "burn em and turn em" attitude.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ossip Optometry.

Worked for Ossip Optometry? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ossip Optometry reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ossip Optometry CEO Gregg Ossip Od. All reviews posted anonymously by Ossip Optometry employees.