Otis Elevator

Good while it lasted

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Otis Elevator

Pros

Was a good company to work for. Ok benefits, paid for me to go back to school. Not bad salary for the area.

Cons

Giant corporation that's not afraid to downsize at the drop of a hat. Employees kept in the dark about long term plans.

Try to be more open and communicate more. Try to foster more intra-company communication too. Spend Less time doing paperwork

123 Other Employee Reviews for Otis Elevator (View Most Recent)

A good job at a short-sighted company.

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Otis Elevator

Pros

Great pay for low-level supervisory work. Good benefits, to include employer-matched (6%) 401(k) contributions. Reliable work schedule means time to do other things. Generally recession-proof, at least on the maintenance side of the business.

Cons

The management cares for very little beyond making profit, thus low-level supervisors are hand-cuffed by inadequate resources. Often found myself stretching the truth with customers to keep them happy.

Stop focusing on the all-consuming desire for a profitable bottom line and concentrate on providing the best service, like we tell our customers we do. Then customers will be happy and come back to us. You can justify charging premium prices when you're offering a premium service.

Sales account management

Current Employee - Service Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Service Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Otis Elevator

Pros

Pay is nice, $50k+ depending on experience. Okay benefits, vast array of resources available to help you perform your job. Job training is okay. Standard processes for everything.

Cons

MICROMANAGED TO A T. HIgh stress, constant challenges, technical equipment, long hours. Hard to sell OTIS value when the product is very similar to the competition.

Praise on a job well done. Employee appreciation days, less micromanagement, high more adminstrative staff in local branches (pay part time worker to file and fetch documents needed by mgr and reps.

There are newer employer reviews for Otis Elevator