Our Lady of the Lake RMC

There are newer employer reviews for Our Lady of the Lake RMC

Wonderful mission, wonderful people

Current Employee - Director in Baton Rouge, LA
Current Employee - Director in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Our Lady of the Lake RMC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong faith-based mission with a clear sense of values. Every day begins by focusing on the mission. Everything about the hospital stems from the values. Employees are friendly and helpful to one another and to guests.

Cons

Can move slowly at times due to large size. Facility can be a maze to navigate at first. Management style is not always proactive about handling inefficient or poor performing employees.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Our Lady of the Lake RMC (View Most Recent)

Suffer in Silence is the motto of the Day

I have been working at Our Lady of the Lake RMC as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

the pay is very good

Cons

Problems with workload and mamagement. Any complaints as to work enviroment or high workload are dismissed. Employees that openly complain are disciplined. A Suffer in Silence motto seems to be the motto for everyday. Prayer is given every shift prior to work. Management is not required to be there during a weather event such as a Hurricane!

Listen to employees they are the bread and butter of the institution. Instead of having management meetings try having townhalls with employees. There are many that keep their mouths shut as to what their manager is doing because they are fearful of the consequences For a Christian and Catholic organization the management could take some lessons from the pages of the bible from which they spout their "Mission"

Understaffed, Dirty, No Employee Support, High Turnover

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Our Lady of the Lake RMC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am shocked that this place is considered a Magnet facility. I believe that will be changing with the next review. Thankfully, the facility has some great talent in physicians (Trauma Surgery, Ortho, and Critical Care)

Cons

Morale is horrible as units are consistently staffed below the recommended staffing matrix. Some units are staffed not only one nurse short, but several nurses short. The facility is dirty with lots of dust and stains on the walls, ceiling, and floors. Nurses are overworked and underpaid and have absolutely no support from management. Transport and ER stretchers have yet to be sanitized since I began my employment with the facility three years ago. For a major hospital, we have only one operating CT machine often which delays diagnostic studies for inpatients and ER patients. Senior level nursing administration is very demeaning to nursing staff and threaten employees frequently. The turnover is extremely high and the opportunity for advancement is poor. The employee insurance package, benefits, and salary for nursing and allied health staff is an insult.

1) Treat employees respectful. 2) Clean up the place. 3) Restructure the management team. 4) Listen to patient's, visitors, and employees and act on improvement recommendations. 5) Quit building additional space when you are unable to adequately and safely staff the current capacity. 6) Learn what security at a real hospital is like. 7) Follow the law and your own policies.

There are newer employer reviews for Our Lady of the Lake RMC