Our Lady of the Lake University

A great place to work

Current Employee - A Technology Staffer in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - A Technology Staffer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Our Lady of the Lake University

Pros

The best reasons to work at OLLU are the family atmosphere and general friendliness of the place. Most employees get along very well with one another and people who don't fit in tend not to stay around. Most employees are competent and hard working, and everyone has the best interests of the students in mind. Many of us "go the extra mile" to solve problems, especially when we know that the person has already had trouble in solving a particular problem.

Cons

The only downside is that some of the offices and employees don't communicate well with other offices and employees that they are supposed to have close contact with. Case in point: Financial Aid and the Business Office. You'd think it would kill a member of one office to walk 20 feet and talk to someone in the other office. Instead, they just bounce a student back and forth between them, never making it easy to solve problems.

I want senior management to know how hard it is for students to get enrolled. No one in the business offices seems to want to take responsibility for getting things done. I know about students who were trying to enroll, but gave up because of all the difficulty. It is a serious problem for OLLU.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Our Lady of the Lake University (View Most Recent)

Great for work study!

Former Employee - Studio Assistant in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Studio Assistant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Our Lady of the Lake University part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, and fun working environment!

Cons

You can only work a certain amount of hours per week.

Good people make up for the salary

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Our Lady of the Lake University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The employees here are driven and overall like to be here. Great community environment. Supervisors tend to be flexible with hours and schedules.

Cons

The pay is not competitive with the industry average or the area average. Employees tend to wear many hats and being overworked is not uncommon. High turnover makes it harder to work with people that are just learning the company and the job.

Hold people accountable for their jobs. Retain your good employees and coach those that have fallen behind. Compensate people fairly.

There are newer employer reviews for Our Lady of the Lake University