Our365

www.our365.com
  www.our365.com
There are newer employer reviews for Our365

Excellent experience if you're in a good district

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer/Field Trainer in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Newborn Photographer/Field Trainer in Washington, DC

I worked at Our365 part-time (more than an year)

Pros

-If you know how to sell and take GOOD photos and aren't in a super poor area, you can make a huge amount of money. I typically made $20 an hour or more.
-Working with babies and new moms is incredibly rewarding and lots of fun!
-You work until the work is done, some days you can make $100 in three hours if you know how to work fast
-Management was extremely kind and supportive even if you had bad sales days as long as you made it clear you were doing your best, but this can vary depending on your area

Cons

-Entirely commission based pay can be a bad thing, can't sell if there are hardly any babies. When I moved from D.C. to Nashville sales dropped dramatically because I ended up in such a poor area with a lower birth rate
-They hire a lot of people with NO photography experience whatsoever, that can't even hold an SLR camera. This is why so many people are dissatisfied with this job, if you can't take good pictures then you aren't going to sell.
-sometimes relationships with nurses at the hospital can be hostile
-Not a job for you if you have a mortgage to pay, but amazing as a side job to earn extra money!

-Base commission structure off of a hospitals birth rate, so those working in slow hospitals still have potential to earn a good amount of money.
-If you're hiring someone with no photography experience, put them on a brief probationary period to make sure they can actually take a decent photo.

63 Other Employee Reviews for Our365 (View Most Recent)

Don't Care About Their People

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Our365 part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Really, none to speak of

Cons

Expect you to make sales even if you have one or two babies and the Moms decline photos, expect you to force yourself on the mom to just take photos. They treat us with no respect and trust., new supervisior hard to reach, never returns calls promptly, maybe a day or two later, when we need her especially weekends, not just us but everyone in the district, but she gets angry when we do not pick up the phone immediately when she calls, even on our day off. Can not make enough in low income hospitals, should be a base pay wth a commission.

Hire supervisiors that have experience treating people with respect, not people that just managed a studio or little or no previous experience. Pay more.

Loved my job, but a few down sides

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Carbondale, IL
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Carbondale, IL

I worked at Our365 part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Okay, so you get to see newborn babies all day! That was the greatest part! Good pay if you know how to sell sell sell!

Cons

This is NOT a photography job! There is no creative freedom. You go off of a pose guide. The sales technique is old fashioned. When I say old fashioned I mean you are pretty much forcing people to buy, not giving them more affordable options that they could better use.

There are newer employer reviews for Our365