Outback Steakhouse

www.outback.com

Decent employment experience, tough job

Curbside Takeaway (Former Employee) Island Park, NY

ProsLots of management promotion opportunities if that's what you're interested in.

ConsShifts are long and end late at night, but this is the case with most restaurants. Customers often order from Curbside as opposed to sitting in the restaurant to avoid tipping and waitstaff don't split tips with Curbside, so compensation is hit-or-miss from shift to shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider training store managers to reward employees for fixing mistakes before they affect the customer experience instead of punishing for making them. On many occasions, I saw customers suffer because although fixing a mistake might've been easy to do, employees were afraid of getting in trouble from management.

Server Experience

Food Server (Former Employee) Wilton, CT

I worked at Outback Steakhouse part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good money, some easy shifts. Cons: mother's day crowds, inconsistent cashflow. Advice to Senior Management: thank employees every day, no matter what. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good service

Server (Current Employee) Foothill Ranch, CA

I have been working at Outback Steakhouse

Pros: tips are good, good working environment Cons: not enough hours, not always busy Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Outback Steakhouse.

Worked for Outback Steakhouse? Contribute to the Community!