There are newer employer reviews for Outbrain

Great company, a chance to effect millions giving them great content on the Web and advance personally & technologically

Current Employee - Algorithms and Software Team Leader in Netanya (Israel)
Current Employee - Algorithms and Software Team Leader in Netanya (Israel)

I have been working at Outbrain full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Interesting challenges, both advanced algorithms, high-end software development and management challenges
-Great people, both personally and professionally
-Management is wonderful, connected to the technological and business side, business model is well defined and successful, ability to change over time and adapt
- Agile development methods and working with a lot of open-source products
- "startup atmosphere" - everyone is effecting the company, customers and revenue

Cons

No longer a small startup (but trying to keep the spirit)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fantastic Organization

I have been working at Outbrain (More than a year)

Pros

Outbrain is the best place I've ever worked. It's committed to giving great opportunity to employees, making sure that dedicated people can find new challenges, and opportunities for growth. It has a distinctly collaborative and friendly culture. Working with such a great group of people really makes coming to work every day easy. And the benefits and weekly free lunches don't hurt : )

Cons

None -- you can get a lot of responsibilities and opportunities right from when you get started, which can take some dedication and real engagement from the get go - but it quickly pays off.

Great Company Culture

I worked at Outbrain full-time

Pros

Honestly one of the most employee-focused companies I've ever worked for. The training was so in depth and comprehensive that within two weeks I was 100% on my own. The company really strives to make sure each employee has the resources they need for their job, as well as making sure they are also happy at their job. HR and Management check in fairly regularly for feedback and will work hard to make sure to help fix any issues or situations. They are also very big on career advancement and actively encourage all employees to be vocal about their career plans.

Free lunches, annual sales summit in awesome locations (Puerto Rico anyone?) and all around a fun environment.

Product wise - they are frontrunners in the Native Space, and there are a lot of people who know what they're talking about and have a clear direction where the company is going.

Cons

One of the company's biggest things was that they would gladly turn away potential clients, regardless of spend, if the content was subpar. Except that was not always the case, and there were times my team would work long hours and weekends to monitor seriously crappy content, all because we needed to hit quarterly goal.

Advice to Management

I think management is great and very involved in their employee's day to day, so honestly, no advice is needed other than keep doing what you're doing!