There are newer employer reviews for Outreach

Outreach is more than a job, its a lifestyle and culture.

Current Employee - Executive in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Outreach

Pros

Mission and Vision. Team spirit. Great collaborative culture. Open communications.

Cons

Field of work reduces competitiveness in compensation.

Help people advance more and be more innovative.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Outreach (View Most Recent)

Great Organization! Fantastic View of Pikes Peak!

I have been working at Outreach

Pros

Easy going atmosphere. Awesome business model that caters exceptionally well to the Church market for collateral. We get to partner with wonderful people to convey a simple message across a multitude of platforms. Good sense of achievement at the end of each day, and the balance between work-life is equitable. First bonus sharing last year in a long while was appreciated. Results driven and goal oriented.

Cons

Favoritism and lack of appreciation for work done well. Rather than promote from within, people are recruited from outside the organization, creating an element of anxiety in employment security. Constant reminder year after year that certain groups are profitable while others are not, creates the urgency to be on the lookout for the inevitable.

Update the process used in data comparison for addressing compensation, despite the business model, there is a disparaging gap that you might want to address. The core values are really good, try and stick to them from the top all the way through the organization. Highly recommend that key personal are rewarded fairly.

Outreach Response

Aug 26, 2014Vice President Human Resources and Training

The nature of the church-service business model has been it tough to remain aggressive in our compensation of employees. That said, the company continues to remain profitable year after year, having ... More

More than just a job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Outreach full-time

Pros

The people that I work with are amazing. There are very few people who aren't fully invested in their job. I've never felt required to 'take my work home with me' so I am easily able to balance my home life and work life.

Cons

Due to the design of the building there is a big gap between the office staff and the production staff. It sometimes feels like two separate companies because of this division. There is minimal room for advancement once you reach a certain level. It doesn't take long to hit a ceiling. The work is still fulfilling, but no real incentive to push harder once you hit that level.

Keep rewarding staff for Core Value accomplishments. Consider a reward system for managers as well.

Outreach Response

Aug 26, 2014Vice President Human Resources and Training

We are committed to implementing more strategic approaches to career development for existing employees, as we prepare for the next budget year.

There are newer employer reviews for Outreach