Overdrive Interactive
www.OverdriveInteractive.com Allston, MA 16 to 50 Employees

A place to learn and grow your career

Allston, MA

I have been working at Overdrive Interactive full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe best thing about Overdrive is all the knowledge it provides its employees about marketing and advertising. Overdrive lets employees take on a lot of responsibility, and it is really a place to grow your career, as you learn everything from beginning to end (and then some). The client base is pretty stellar, and there is a lot of opportunity for learning. Senior management is very knowledgeable, and there is an open-door policy so anyone, even interns, can talk to them. Harry in particular is a fantastic mentor, and his passion is contagious. He genuinely wants to nurture not just clients but also employees.

The second best thing, and I would say that this is almost as important as the first, is the wonderful people. Overdrive is a place filled with dedicated and smart people, who genuinely enjoy working with each other, as evidenced by the high camaraderie and the family-feel of the entire agency. It certainly is not a big corporate job; it feels personal. Whenever we win an award or an accolade for a successful campaign, each team member is acknowledged for his or her hard work. Team members are very supportive of each other, and are always willing to help.

I have witnessed the company triple in size over the years, and I know it will continue to grow, so it is nice to be part of that. It's a fun environment, but it's also a very hard-working group with a strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.

ConsSometimes the small size doesn't allow for a lot of external resources (i.e. software/technology, etc) but this also makes the employees become more resourceful and pro-active.

Biggest Career Disappointment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Allston, MA

I worked at Overdrive Interactive

Pros: Great co-workers. I made great friends that I know will last. Love the food… Cons: EXTREME disrespect towards employees. I was hired for one job and within a month they tried to change my position completely. When I said I… Advice to Senior Management: STOP ARGUING WITH ONE ANOTHER. If you don't like each other, someone should leave. It is absurd that your employees have to stay in meetings… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overdrive Interactive is a fun place to work with great, talented people but needs to learn to respect employees.

Boston, MA

I have been working at Overdrive Interactive

Pros: * Fun culture - there are always work-sponsored events, awards banquets, an annual summer outing, and just a lot of really nice people to be… Cons: * Senior management is very tough to work with, which causes quite a bit of stress. Everything is important and urgent, and there is no… Advice to Senior Management: * CALM DOWN. The stress your employees feel is largely as a result of senior leadership running around and screaming * Words like "Thank you" and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Overdrive Interactive.

Worked for Overdrive Interactive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Overdrive Interactive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Overdrive Interactive CEO Harry Gold. All reviews posted anonymously by Overdrive Interactive employees.