Overdrive Interactive

www.OverdriveInteractive.com
There are newer employer reviews for Overdrive Interactive

A place to learn and grow your career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allston, MA

I have been working at Overdrive Interactive full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about Overdrive is all the knowledge it provides its employees about marketing and advertising. Overdrive lets employees take on a lot of responsibility, and it is really a place to grow your career, as you learn everything from beginning to end (and then some). The client base is pretty stellar, and there is a lot of opportunity for learning. Senior management is very knowledgeable, and there is an open-door policy so anyone, even interns, can talk to them. Harry in particular is a fantastic mentor, and his passion is contagious. He genuinely wants to nurture not just clients but also employees.

The second best thing, and I would say that this is almost as important as the first, is the wonderful people. Overdrive is a place filled with dedicated and smart people, who genuinely enjoy working with each other, as evidenced by the high camaraderie and the family-feel of the entire agency. It certainly is not a big corporate job; it feels personal. Whenever we win an award or an accolade for a successful campaign, each team member is acknowledged for his or her hard work. Team members are very supportive of each other, and are always willing to help.

I have witnessed the company triple in size over the years, and I know it will continue to grow, so it is nice to be part of that. It's a fun environment, but it's also a very hard-working group with a strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.

Cons

Sometimes the small size doesn't allow for a lot of external resources (i.e. software/technology, etc) but this also makes the employees become more resourceful and pro-active.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Overdrive Interactive (View Most Recent)

Enlightening

Current Employee - Marketing Expert in Allston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Expert in Allston, MA

I have been working at Overdrive Interactive full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Learned how little i really knew. This has been a great experience and I feel comfortable talking about most any subject regarding online marketing.People are great, sometimes feels like a family atmosphere.

Cons

The workflow can be uneven coming in waves at times but maybe that's normal.

Be creative

Biggest Career Disappointment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allston, MA

I worked at Overdrive Interactive

Pros

Great co-workers. I made great friends that I know will last. Love the food around Allston, there is never a shortage of places to go for lunch or drinks.

Cons

EXTREME disrespect towards employees. I was hired for one job and within a month they tried to change my position completely. When I said I didn't want that position I felt like I was written off. I had to fight everyday to try to make changes for the better. Upper management may say they want to change but they are so adverse to it, they are almost stagnant. Not what you would call a "forward thinking" agency. Often times we weren't allowed to brainstorm cool, new, innovative ideas for our clients because we had "already done something that worked in the past, why would we change it?" Meetings upon meetings makes it impossible to get anything done. Work life balance is crap, you are expected to work nights and weekends. After working a full weekend and staying late that Monday I was told I needed to "work more outside of work hours." Compensation for that? None. And when you have finally had enough, don't expect a welcome goodbye. I was ignored by most of management for my last two weeks but I got off easy. Some co-workers were spoken to harshly and told they would never be as successful as they were at Overdrive. Sounds like a great place to work, right?

STOP ARGUING WITH ONE ANOTHER. If you don't like each other, someone should leave. It is absurd that your employees have to stay in meetings for hours just hearing you go back and forth with one another. Get on the same page before the meeting, or if you can't agree, don't even have the meeting. Hearing you all argue like children is terrible for moral. If you don't respect each other, how can your subordinates feel respected. The animosity you have for one another clearly plays into how you treat employees from each department.

There are newer employer reviews for Overdrive Interactive