Overlake Medical Center and Clinics

www.overlakehospital.org
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Overlake Medical Center and Clinics

The most stressful time of my life.

I worked at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics

Pros

Wonderful patients including their families.

Cons

Women coworkers on the labor and delivery unit including charge nurses, and supervisors were mean and venegeful!

43 Other Employee Reviews for Overlake Medical Center and Clinics (View Most Recent)

I've had the absolute privilege to call Overlake my second home for about 14 years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As in any area of one's life, you get back what you put in, and what I see is a lot of hard work and dedication by staff and leadership alike. Overlake leadership has always been highly supportive of staff and it's a wonderful place to work, and to receive care. Overlake just feels like a family, and is absolutely committed to providing the highest quality, safe, and compassionate care possible. This is evident in comments and compliments I hear on a daily basis from patients, family members, and even vendor customers. With Mike Marsh at the helm, I see big, exciting things in Overlake's future!

Cons

The changing healthcare climate is affecting everyone, and Overlake is not exempt from that. Challenges do not cons make however, and my personal belief is that Overlake is rising to the challenge and will continue to grow and get better. Exciting times!

Stay committed to a culture of open, honest communication and complete transparency, as this builds trust.

Bad management and stagnant advancement opportunities

Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Really good patient care and some people are really nice and supportive.

Cons

As far as information technology personnel goes advancement and training are very difficult to obtain.
    Benefits are getting cut lower and lower each year or removed altogether.
    Management is not very open to ideas but expect you to follow through on decision that are made by individuals with little or no IT experience at all. But when things go wrong management throws you under the bus.
    Never, Ever, ask for a raise you will never get it and management will tell you not to even ask.

Get better experience managers who at least have some idea about how networks work.
    Train, Promote and Advance personnel so that they feel that they are growing and not wasting away.
    Truly care about your employees and treat them like they have value and not a cog in the wheel of a corporate machine.
    Don't just apply the "Core Values" to the low end employees but managers and directors need to live it also.

There are newer employer reviews for Overlake Medical Center and Clinics