Overstock.com

www.overstock.com
There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com

I feel that O.co is a great place to work and also a great contributor our local, national and global community.

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

It is not just a job. It is a community of people that do amazing things like (1) donated 80 thousand pounds of food to 2010 holiday food drive in Salt Lake City, (2) along with our amazing customers, provided Wounded Warrior Project with hundreds of thousands of dollars of support in 2010 and 2011; (3) through Worldstock, have provided about $70 million in funds to aritsans in developing economies over the past 10 years. So I feel like my time at work counts for more than just putting money in my pocket.

Cons

I think communication from management could be better. Changes happen and we dont always get an explanation of why.

Have more stand ups or figure out a way to have virtual stand ups so everyone can see and hear what is said.

423 Other Employee Reviews for Overstock.com (View Most Recent)

Love it!

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

I have grown very much personally and professionally here. I am constantly challenged and learning new things. If all else fails, it's great experience to place on a resume.

Cons

Communication can be misunderstood, thus tasks may be executed improperly. The aftermath of that is dependent on the results once misunderstood communication has been shared.

Tough times calls for desperate measures. It's not always easy making the hard decisions. People will always be more willing to offer critism to someone else rather than look to themselves to see how they can better improve. It's always easier to blame the people on top. I believe that management is a strong group of people just trying to do the right thing for the company. Rather than just shooting down ideas because you feel like something won't work, try it first if there is no good reason not to. If it fails, then at least it was tried.

Slow promotions and even slower raises. Bonuses suck.

Current Employee - Technology in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Technology in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

The people here are great to work with and there is always work to do so sitting around is not an option.

Cons

Senior leadership needs to worry less about suing other companies and more about being profitable. People getting promoted solely for sucking up yet being completely inept at any type of leadership.

Fire yourselves and take a 1010 course on management.

There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com