Overstock.com

www.overstock.com

No pay increase for over three years now

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI used to love my job and could not think of a better place to work. I feel Patrick Byrne is an awesome CEO and appreciate how he tackles even the most controversial issues (inside and outside Overstock.com)

ConsI have worked at Overstock.com for almost 4 years now. Every year I keep hoping for a cost of living pay increase at least. But, I don't get one and, I am not the only one. I was recently told in my yearly appraisal review, once you hit a certain pay amount in customer service, there will be no more pay increases, no matter how long you work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople need pay increases every year due to the cost of living going up. I know a lot of our awesome employees that have found other work, because they need to make more money. I just wish someone would have told me (4 years ago), that no one will ever make more than $13.00 an hour, as a customer service agent, no matter how long you work at Overstock.com. I feel I have wasted 4 years of my life now that I will never get back.

Good place to work in terms of life an technology.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Cottonwood Heights, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good place to work in terms of life… Cons: Management needs to focus more on futuristic decisions Advice to Senior Management: Focus on planing more Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good IT and bad management

Software Developer I (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Overstock.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good use of technology in IT department. Cons: They hire people throughout year only to let go in Jan every year. I am not sure what… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Overstock.com.

Worked for Overstock.com? Contribute to the Community!