Overstock.com
www.overstock.com Salt Lake City, UT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great people to work with, but bad upper management leadership

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for more than 5 years

ProsA lot of very smart people in development. Technology is fairly current and fun to work with.

ConsUpper management make decisions based on whims. Started out with 10 good ideas for the year. Now we are trying to manage 20+. They do not stay on task when it comes to goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementQUIT!!! We need new management. We need to stick to our decisions and not try to throw the whole kitchen sink when we already failed last year.

A good Short Term gig

Photo Editor (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pretty laid back work environment. You have to clock in and out but as long as you hit around 40 hours/week the schedule is a… Cons: Job can be mundane and boring. Editors are given very little responsibility besides dropping out background and uploading images to the website. The worst part… Advice to Senior Management: The people who physically create the face of the online company should be treated with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Place to work at.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Flexible hours, cool fun projects Cons: Business has a bit of ADD sometimes. Advice to Senior Management: Plan and execute. More

There are newer reviews on Overstock.com.

Worked for Overstock.com? Contribute to the Community!

Overstock.com – Why Work for Us?

Who We Are Overstock.com is a company that cares. Our business model is based on helping our customers save money; and every customer matters. The same goes with our associates. At Overstock.com you are not just… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Overstock.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Overstock.com CEO Patrick M. Byrne. All reviews posted anonymously by Overstock.com employees.