Overstock.com

www.overstock.com

Earning my loyalty every day

IT Developer (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsTo me, atmosphere is everything. Every job in IT is going to come with certain common traits. But the environment that Overstock sets makes it easy to come to work everyday. While Overstock had some rocky times from 2005-2009, things are much better now. The executives are smart and know what it takes to do your job, because it was probably their job before they got promoted. The management team is very conscious of the work/life balance. Their motto is definitely "Work Hard - Play Hard". Have I worked long hours? Of course. However, I've also been told to take extra paid days off to compensate. Overstock understands that you have a life outside the office and that sometimes that takes priority.

ConsThere are not too many negatives about working at Overstock. The execs have worked very hard to filter out anyone that consistently causes "office drama", but some still exists. It's certainly much less than other places I've worked. The biggest "con" is a side-effect of this being a great place to work, i.e. no one wants to leave. Moving up can be difficult because people like where they are. Luckily, Overstock always try to fill positions from within before hiring outside the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverstock does seem to have an obsession with catering every event with Cafe Rio. Now, I love Cafe Rio, but can we get Zupas from time to time? Maybe even Chinese?

Growing and changing company that is struggling to make it to the next level.

Business Intelligence Manager (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Overstock has a solid technology department. The team environment is positive and team members… Cons: Overstocks' greatest strengths are it's weakness. The executive staff as ADHD and tends… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on core business! Develop and stick to a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very enjoyable 2 years

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good company, our department managers take care of us. Fair with… Cons: Share short term plans with us. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Overstock.com.

Worked for Overstock.com? Contribute to the Community!