Overstock.com

www.overstock.com
  www.overstock.com
There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com

Great comapny to work for

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in West Valley City, UT
Current Employee - Systems Analyst in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits and really good people. They love to promote from within which is a huge plus. They recognize hard workers and punish lazy workers which is ideal for people who come in and work hard everyday. Overstock works hard to make their culture a diverse and accepting one.

Cons

Being a retailer and replying heavily on Black Friday and Cyber Monday means you don’t get much of a thanksgiving break.

419 Other Employee Reviews for Overstock.com (View Most Recent)

Earning my loyalty every day

Current Employee - IT Developer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - IT Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

To me, atmosphere is everything. Every job in IT is going to come with certain common traits. But the environment that Overstock sets makes it easy to come to work everyday. While Overstock had some rocky times from 2005-2009, things are much better now. The executives are smart and know what it takes to do your job, because it was probably their job before they got promoted. The management team is very conscious of the work/life balance. Their motto is definitely "Work Hard - Play Hard". Have I worked long hours? Of course. However, I've also been told to take extra paid days off to compensate. Overstock understands that you have a life outside the office and that sometimes that takes priority.

Cons

There are not too many negatives about working at Overstock. The execs have worked very hard to filter out anyone that consistently causes "office drama", but some still exists. It's certainly much less than other places I've worked. The biggest "con" is a side-effect of this being a great place to work, i.e. no one wants to leave. Moving up can be difficult because people like where they are. Luckily, Overstock always try to fill positions from within before hiring outside the company.

Overstock does seem to have an obsession with catering every event with Cafe Rio. Now, I love Cafe Rio, but can we get Zupas from time to time? Maybe even Chinese?

Growing and changing company that is struggling to make it to the next level.

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Overstock has a solid technology department. The team environment is positive and team members work well to collaborate with each other. There is a willingness to try new ideas

Cons

Overstocks' greatest strengths are it's weakness. The executive staff as ADHD and tends to try so many new things there is a lack of focus and consistency.

Focus on core business! Develop and stick to a consistent business plan.

There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com