Overstock.com

www.overstock.com

A company with a good respect for work life balance

Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsExcellent company culture. The company does not micromanage its employees. Creativity and career growth are enoucraged. Work environment is clean and very serious with maintaining employee safety.

ConsMost people in the company spend way too much time sitting (and gaining weight). It would be nice to see those desks that can convert between standing and sitting positions become the standard desk.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough the customer services representatives are recieving wages that match the going market price an increase in salary would not hurt.

Horrendously bureaucratic mormon culture

Manager (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time

Pros: - One of the few companies in Salt lake that's… Cons: - Discriminatory promotion policy. Career growth requires you to be mormon. -… Advice to Senior Management: Stop creating an artificial glass wall by promoting everyone to director. Have tangible metrics to measure performance. Management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great comapny to work for

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great benefits and really good people. They love to promote from within which is a huge plus. They recognize hard workers and punish lazy… Cons: Being a retailer and replying heavily on Black Friday and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Overstock.com.

Worked for Overstock.com? Contribute to the Community!