There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com

Fun place to work and build a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Salt Lake, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Salt Lake, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Overstock.com has really increased my skillsets. I have loved working with the people in my area and it never ceases to amaze me when something seems to be wrong... teams come together and make sure it's fixed in a quick and efficient manner.

Cons

I wish recognition was give out a bit more often than it is currently. Its hard to feel appreciated if your work is overlooked sometimes.

Keep us headed in this upward trend. The outlook is really looking nice. I like our direction and leadership right now.

408 Other Employee Reviews for Overstock.com (View Most Recent)

Excellent Entry Level opportunites

Current Employee - Merchandising Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Merchandising Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people, great innovations, lots of opporunity to get involved in all kinds of inter-departmental projects, entrpreneurial spirit about the place, you get out of it what you put into the job,

Cons

Lack of communication bridges across departments. The general consensus is to keep departments so defined that the only way to really know what marketing does and how it affects finance is to have worked for both facets of the company. I think some bridge positions would be useful- people with interlaced responsibilites that can be go-tos when merchandising has a questions about marketing they have a go-to person for all their questions instead of tracking down 30 different channels.

Work on communcation bridges and elimnate ambiguity between departmental roles.

Shortlived Product Content Copywriter

Former Employee - Copywriter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Copywriter in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Overstock.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company spirit, team camaraderie, nice co-workers, great break room with fun activities to de-stress, employees are valued, lots of downtime, free to listen to music/watch internet TV/movies while working in this position, easy to advance, pay for this position is decent, management was pretty good when I was there

Cons

Lots of downtime (this can be good and bad in my opinion), location of warehouse offices, position is very monotonous and dull, advancements only seem to be reserved for the "boss's pets"

There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com