opportunity for professional enrichment

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overstock values career growth and enrichment. Overstock paid for my certification exam (PHR) and for a Utah State run training course to prepare me for the exam. They also pay for tuition reimbursement for qualified course and colleges. I feel more confident as an HR employee with the certification and it is also something I can take with me if I chose to leave.

Cons

My department doesn't always get the recognition it deserves, but HR departments rarely do.

Other Reviews for Overstock.com

Opportunities for Professional Growth and Enrichment

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

I have always been impressed with Overstock.com's dedication to enrich their associates through training and learning opportunities. As a memeber of the HR team, I was given the chance to grow my knowledge of HR practices and policies by going through the PHR certification process. Overstock.com was behind me every step of the way! They gave monetary support by covering the test and training program fees, and they gave support by allowing our group to meet and study as often as we could.
    I'm happy to report that all three associates who took the test achieved PHR certification. Overstock.com continues their support by sending us to conferences and training throughout the year that will allow us to keep our certification active.

Cons

Nothing to enter at this time.

Gotta play the game

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Overstock.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a truly diverse array of people working there, and most of the people you interact with on a daily basis will be friendly. There is also a huge emphasis on expanding knowledge, not only of the company, but of general business practices/software. Classes for any course offered by the training department are open to every person within the company, and schedules are accommodated to the times the classes are offered tin an effort to ensure attendance.

Cons

There is a tendency for abrupt terminations due to department micromanagement and personal bias of senior management/executives.

Don't make decisions regarding promotion/termination based on emotion. Promote Business Ethics.

There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com.

Worked for Overstock.com? Contribute to the Community!