Opportunities for Professional Growth and Enrichment

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

I have always been impressed with Overstock.com's dedication to enrich their associates through training and learning opportunities. As a memeber of the HR team, I was given the chance to grow my knowledge of HR practices and policies by going through the PHR certification process. Overstock.com was behind me every step of the way! They gave monetary support by covering the test and training program fees, and they gave support by allowing our group to meet and study as often as we could.
I'm happy to report that all three associates who took the test achieved PHR certification. Overstock.com continues their support by sending us to conferences and training throughout the year that will allow us to keep our certification active.

Cons

Nothing to enter at this time.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fun place to work and build a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Salt Lake, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Salt Lake, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Overstock.com has really increased my skillsets. I have loved working with the people in my area and it never ceases to amaze me when something seems to be wrong... teams come together and make sure it's fixed in a quick and efficient manner.

Cons

I wish recognition was give out a bit more often than it is currently. Its hard to feel appreciated if your work is overlooked sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep us headed in this upward trend. The outlook is really looking nice. I like our direction and leadership right now.

Software Engineer

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Overstock.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large company in e-commerce. Lots of smart people to work with. Options to work in different aspects of the technology stack. Strong focus on educating the work force

Cons

Some leaders are quite reactionary and short sited. There seems to be un-reasonable or dis-honest expectation on delivery. Most projects are expected to be done in two weeks no matter what the project.

Advice to Management

Stand up for your convictions.