Overstock.com

www.overstock.com
There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com

Opportunities for Professional Growth and Enrichment

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

I have always been impressed with Overstock.com's dedication to enrich their associates through training and learning opportunities. As a memeber of the HR team, I was given the chance to grow my knowledge of HR practices and policies by going through the PHR certification process. Overstock.com was behind me every step of the way! They gave monetary support by covering the test and training program fees, and they gave support by allowing our group to meet and study as often as we could.
I'm happy to report that all three associates who took the test achieved PHR certification. Overstock.com continues their support by sending us to conferences and training throughout the year that will allow us to keep our certification active.

Cons

Nothing to enter at this time.

419 Other Employee Reviews for Overstock.com (View Most Recent)

Low pay but engaging

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

Engaging work most of the time. Managers were helpful and willing to give more work when needed and give more responsibilities.

Cons

Pay was pretty low compared to similar companies. Not as much interaction outside of work, company could have more activities.

opportunity for professional enrichment

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overstock values career growth and enrichment. Overstock paid for my certification exam (PHR) and for a Utah State run training course to prepare me for the exam. They also pay for tuition reimbursement for qualified course and colleges. I feel more confident as an HR employee with the certification and it is also something I can take with me if I chose to leave.

Cons

My department doesn't always get the recognition it deserves, but HR departments rarely do.

There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com