Overstock.com

www.overstock.com
  www.overstock.com
There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com

Great company to work for

I worked at Overstock.com

Pros

Flexible Schedule. Good Benefits. Nice working environment

Cons

I don't have any at this time.

419 Other Employee Reviews for Overstock.com (View Most Recent)

Decent place to work...

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Overstock.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Interesting technology - the company is willing to invest in cutting edge stuff so you get to play with some really neat ecommerce solutions and tools. Smart coworkers - there are a lot of brilliant people at the company. You will have to weed through a few people just coasting along but most people there are working hard and know what they are doing. Resume builder - its an impressive company to have on your resume if you want to work in IT, ecommerce, software dev, etc.

Cons

Pay - pay was a bit of a joke. I started out at a very low wage, then with a reorg was given a VERY large pay increase (40% or so). It seemed random and wasnt quite enough to keep me but was appreciated. There were MBA grads coming in at <35k a year. Leadership focus - there are (were) some great leaders and they could motivate and bring the team together, however it seemed like there was an overall lack of vision and direction. What vision there was was not always clearly articulated.

Great company with some growing pains and a lot of opportunity

Current Employee - Director in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Big company with small company feel, plenty of opportunity for people who can generate positive results, great people to work with, fun working environment, great work life balance

Cons

Company experiences some growing pains from time to time, PTO policy not very competitive, still figuring out a lot of processes and structure

Communicate a consistent, long-term strategic vision throughout the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com