There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com

One of the few CEO's who really cares about his employees and helping others

Current Employee - Customer Care
Current Employee - Customer Care

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are multiple departments to move to throughout the company.

Patrick, the CEO, is a genuinely nice person (in my personal experience) who will take the time to stop and talk to the employees as he walks through the different offices. He is open to suggestions from employees on how to improve work processes and benefits which he has implemented. I have read some of the reviews and there are other former and current employees who have a different opinion.

The co-workers are wonderful people.

Cons

It can be discouraging when trying to advance to other departments when many employees apply for the same position. There does seem to be favoritism, but I have noticed some improvement during the time I have been here. There is a lot of micro management.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overstock.com rocks!

Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial. Energetic. Movement. Hard-working. Enthusiastic. Appreciative. Team. Leadership.

Cons

Sometimes can be too casual, but that is generally more of a good thing.

Continue to review pay vs. other competitors.

2. Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, management has a clear vision, benefits are very generous, great opportunities for advancement, good work/life balance, opportunity to work with other departments and disciplines.

I read these negative posts and it is obvious these are most likely people that are not willing to throw themselves into the process. This company is growing so fast that it requires your best. Those that can't deal in that world won't make it.

The pay is fair and as stated benefits are very good. Just this month the employees were surveyed on how they would like to see some of the surplus earnings spent on THE EMPLOYEES. The majority vote was for an enhanced 401K so our CEO Patrick Byrne moved the 100% match level up and pulled the vesting requirements. How's that for listening to your employees? Does that sound like the way someone who is only concerned about a profit would act?

In my brief time at Overstock I am absolutely impressed by the employees and managers, this team has a vision and works hard to inspire to greatness. What more can anyone ask of a job?

Cons

So much growth keeps you on your toes, work pace is very fast and some are not willing to keep up which is their loss. If you can't exist in a face paced, high expectation environment you may be better off elsewhere.

Keep up the great work. Make sure Ostock.com is a leader in technology and let's create the best possible customer experience we can. Also, keep up the great work with Worldstock,com. What a great way to help the artisans of the world, something I think were all very proud to be a part of.

There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com