There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com

Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great environment, management has a clear vision, benefits are very generous, great opportunities for advancement, good work/life balance, opportunity to work with other departments and disciplines.

I read these negative posts and it is obvious these are most likely people that are not willing to throw themselves into the process. This company is growing so fast that it requires your best. Those that can't deal in that world won't make it.

The pay is fair and as stated benefits are very good. Just this month the employees were surveyed on how they would like to see some of the surplus earnings spent on THE EMPLOYEES. The majority vote was for an enhanced 401K so our CEO Patrick Byrne moved the 100% match level up and pulled the vesting requirements. How's that for listening to your employees? Does that sound like the way someone who is only concerned about a profit would act?

In my brief time at Overstock I am absolutely impressed by the employees and managers, this team has a vision and works hard to inspire to greatness. What more can anyone ask of a job?

Cons

So much growth keeps you on your toes, work pace is very fast and some are not willing to keep up which is their loss. If you can't exist in a face paced, high expectation environment you may be better off elsewhere.

Keep up the great work. Make sure Ostock.com is a leader in technology and let's create the best possible customer experience we can. Also, keep up the great work with Worldstock,com. What a great way to help the artisans of the world, something I think were all very proud to be a part of.

408 Other Employee Reviews for Overstock.com (View Most Recent)

Patrick is awesome! Always asking for input on decisions, compiling the results and follows through!

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work life balance, employee appreciation is amazing!

Cons

None that I have found.

Keep up the great communication! It's awesome!

Wonderful experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They recently increased their 401(k) benefits to include a 100% match on 6% of salary that vests instantly. I love this.

Cons

There are no cons. This sentence includes one extra word so that the five word minimum is met, but its up to you to figure out which word is the extra one.

There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com