There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com

Manager

Current Employee - Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment, management has a clear vision, benefits are very generous, great opportunities for advancement, good work/life balance, opportunity to work with other departments and disciplines.

I read these negative posts and it is obvious these are most likely people that are not willing to throw themselves into the process. This company is growing so fast that it requires your best. Those that can't deal in that world won't make it.

The pay is fair and as stated benefits are very good. Just this month the employees were surveyed on how they would like to see some of the surplus earnings spent on THE EMPLOYEES. The majority vote was for an enhanced 401K so our CEO Patrick Byrne moved the 100% match level up and pulled the vesting requirements. How's that for listening to your employees? Does that sound like the way someone who is only concerned about a profit would act?

In my brief time at Overstock I am absolutely impressed by the employees and managers, this team has a vision and works hard to inspire to greatness. What more can anyone ask of a job?

Cons

So much growth keeps you on your toes, work pace is very fast and some are not willing to keep up which is their loss. If you can't exist in a face paced, high expectation environment you may be better off elsewhere.

Keep up the great work. Make sure Ostock.com is a leader in technology and let's create the best possible customer experience we can. Also, keep up the great work with Worldstock,com. What a great way to help the artisans of the world, something I think were all very proud to be a part of.

402 Other Employee Reviews for Overstock.com (View Most Recent)

Working for a company that cares.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

I feel like a work for a company that cares greatly about it's own employee's.

Cons

I love overstock I have no cons.

The 401k Match is amazing!!!

Proud to be an associate at Overstock.com

Current Employee - Senior ETL Developer  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior ETL Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everything has been going well and smooth here at Overstock. I am extremely satisfied with my decision to join the company earlier this year.

The work culture is great, work-life balance is excellent and also we have state-of-the-art technology/system establishments which are well designed, implemented, regulated and maintained here. I have not seen a better technology home so far in my career and I am quite comfortable with everything over here now.

Cons

Nothing I could think of. And I tried to my best to think of something but got nothing.

Please continue to keep the employees satisfied. You all are doing great.

There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com

Worked for Overstock.com? Contribute to the Community!