Overstock.com

www.overstock.com

Manager

Manager (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat environment, management has a clear vision, benefits are very generous, great opportunities for advancement, good work/life balance, opportunity to work with other departments and disciplines.

I read these negative posts and it is obvious these are most likely people that are not willing to throw themselves into the process. This company is growing so fast that it requires your best. Those that can't deal in that world won't make it.

The pay is fair and as stated benefits are very good. Just this month the employees were surveyed on how they would like to see some of the surplus earnings spent on THE EMPLOYEES. The majority vote was for an enhanced 401K so our CEO Patrick Byrne moved the 100% match level up and pulled the vesting requirements. How's that for listening to your employees? Does that sound like the way someone who is only concerned about a profit would act?

In my brief time at Overstock I am absolutely impressed by the employees and managers, this team has a vision and works hard to inspire to greatness. What more can anyone ask of a job?

ConsSo much growth keeps you on your toes, work pace is very fast and some are not willing to keep up which is their loss. If you can't exist in a face paced, high expectation environment you may be better off elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. Make sure Ostock.com is a leader in technology and let's create the best possible customer experience we can. Also, keep up the great work with Worldstock,com. What a great way to help the artisans of the world, something I think were all very proud to be a part of.

Patrick is awesome! Always asking for input on decisions, compiling the results and follows through!

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: Work life balance, employee appreciation is amazing! Cons: None that I have found. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great communication! It's awesome! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Proud to be an associate at Overstock.com

Senior ETL Developer (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: Everything has been going well and smooth here at Overstock. I am extremely satisfied with my decision to join the company earlier this year. The work… Cons: Nothing I could think of. And I tried to my… Advice to Senior Management: Please continue to keep the employees satisfied. You all are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Overstock.com.

Worked for Overstock.com? Contribute to the Community!