Overstock.com

There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com

Usually Awesome

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Overstock.com provides many benefits for the employees, which they are not required to do. Upper management does try to relate to the lower employees. There are the politics that you find in any company, but I feel that Overstock.com is better than most.

Cons

There are still those at the company that hire by who they know and not what they know. Don't expect to earn a mint working for Overstock.com. I have not had a raise in 3.5 years.

Give raises to the employees who work hard and care about the job they do.

423 Other Employee Reviews for Overstock.com (View Most Recent)

Honest Employee

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Paycheck and Lagoon Day are the only Pro's of this company. I think care week is a crock of crud.

Cons

Management doesnt Care, Attendance doesnt matter, working hard doesnt matter, If you do your job right it doesnt matter nobody here cares who you are. You are just a space filler.

Wake up ! I come into work everyday and never call out and get treated and looked at the same as the people who call out three or four times a week. My attendance and stats are excellent and if you make one little mistake you get chewed out for it when the person next to you calls out three times a week COME ON ! Are you freaking kidding me ! You dont care how hard I work as long as I am there to pick up the phone. Everything that you say you do you dont or you twist words. Nothing is straight and clear. When you chew someone out for something you make it like its the whole companies fault. We had a meeting on attendance and you got mad at everyone. You make OT mandatory when its slow as heck just to show who's in control. But I know that you will read this and not give a flying heck about what I have to say or comment on it and try to make things better. Its the 14th year so there is no change that will happen in working for Overstock.

A great company that honestly cares for their employees

Current Employee - Domestic Freight Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Domestic Freight Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has great benefits, and offers a great environment and culture to work in.

Cons

The rating scale for bonuses is a very flawed and inconsistent process. I've been direct with my supervisors about this, and nothing seems to change.

I love the direction of the company. Hopefully as we move forward we can continue to gain products for name brand goods.

There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com