There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com

Usually Awesome

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Overstock.com provides many benefits for the employees, which they are not required to do. Upper management does try to relate to the lower employees. There are the politics that you find in any company, but I feel that Overstock.com is better than most.

Cons

There are still those at the company that hire by who they know and not what they know. Don't expect to earn a mint working for Overstock.com. I have not had a raise in 3.5 years.

Give raises to the employees who work hard and care about the job they do.

400 Other Employee Reviews for Overstock.com (View Most Recent)

Honest Employee

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycheck and Lagoon Day are the only Pro's of this company. I think care week is a crock of crud.

Cons

Management doesnt Care, Attendance doesnt matter, working hard doesnt matter, If you do your job right it doesnt matter nobody here cares who you are. You are just a space filler.

Wake up ! I come into work everyday and never call out and get treated and looked at the same as the people who call out three or four times a week. My attendance and stats are excellent and if you make one little mistake you get chewed out for it when the person next to you calls out three times a week COME ON ! Are you freaking kidding me ! You dont care how hard I work as long as I am there to pick up the phone. Everything that you say you do you dont or you twist words. Nothing is straight and clear. When you chew someone out for something you make it like its the whole companies fault. We had a meeting on attendance and you got mad at everyone. You make OT mandatory when its slow as heck just to show who's in control. But I know that you will read this and not give a flying heck about what I have to say or comment on it and try to make things better. Its the 14th year so there is no change that will happen in working for Overstock.

Encouraging atmosphere with great leadership

Current Employee - Software Tester  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Software Tester in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Overstock.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

The first thing I noticed about OverStock was how professional everyone is. I was also very intimidated at first because everyone seemed almost.. over intelligent (from what I was used to). These worries were quicked snuffed out because everyone is so helping and encouraging of growth and learning. The management is not overbearing, and I'm often left asking what more I can do (which I guess could be a con). Very relaxed atmosphere, couldn't be happier.

Cons

The air quality in the building is not the greatest, though this isn't directly OverStock's fault I feel like they should be addressing it. One thing I miss from my previous job is the one on one meetings I had with my team lead. Though this is said to occur at OverStock it has only happened once since I've been here (4 months).

Keep being open and communicating with the company. I love that. The only thing that I wish is that the directors of departments, I wish they were more open and personal with the lower level employees. I know they're busy so this might not be possible but it would be nice.

There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com

Worked for Overstock.com? Contribute to the Community!