Overstock.com

www.overstock.com
There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com

At work with The O

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

Most of the managers i have encountered have encouraged growth within the company by sharing their knowlegde and helping their employees succeed in the tasks they have given. Overall there are very positive people in management positions who are open and helpful to the associates they are in charge of.

Cons

In my departmental transfers i have had difficult transitional periods adjusting to a head-strong individual who possesses an aggressive micro-management style but lacks the overarching grasp of his possition to assign tasks that have clear conditions in which the goals were to be achieved. Luckily, my flexibility allows a sort of middle ground where i get my job done without affecting anything adversely.

Most of the managers here show a willingness to get "into the trenches" and work alongside their associates shouldering the load when days get hectic, it's very comendable to see that motivation of "do as i do", rather than managing from a chair relying solely on delegation of leg work to leads to pass information up and down the chain. And it's not just middle management, the upper echelon of leadership is not afraid to get out on the floor and work up a sweat.

419 Other Employee Reviews for Overstock.com (View Most Recent)

Good company with a good heart.

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

They have lots of fun activites and competetions to keep people motivated. They are flexible when personal situations arise. I have heard of executives doing everything from paying someone's rent in an emergency to covering the cost of a funeral for an employee. They have employee only scholarships and things of that nature.

Cons

The only complaint I have is that I got discipliary action based on a complaint from a coworker that was unsubtantiated.

Look a little further into issues before doing discipline. Other than that I enjoy the job and think we have a great company.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Overstock.com

Pros

Overstock.com is very supportive of their employees moving up in the company. They offer learning courses, provide opportunity to increase skill levels to help the employee reach their goals. Management works hard at making Overstock.com a fun place to work. Our CEO, Patrick, does not come across as too good to associate with the employees, he is very approachable and is open to the opinions of the employees. Senior management and management are always striving to show their appreciation to Customer Service for all the work they do.

Cons

If I had to choose one thing that is a downside of Overstock.com it would be that the training is somewhat lacking.

That training of new hires, be more comprehensive. The training given to the new hires, does not touch on International customers. This causes mistakes and more work for the agents who work with the international cusotmers.

There are newer employer reviews for Overstock.com