Overwatch Systems
www.overwatch.com Austin, TX 150 to 499 Employees

Was a great place to work before the Textron buyout.

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Overwatch Systems full-time for more than 8 years

ProsMoney's good if you can get a security clearance. Austin is a nice place to live. Still a few seasoned pros around you can learn from.

ConsConstantly changing direction at the whim of Army program management. No job security at all (60 % of Austin employees have been laid off in the last couple of years). They want to be a software service company for the government rather than product developers.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for other opportunities. You're a pretty good bunch of guys but if your bosses at Textron won't allow you to keep promises to your employees you will rapidly lose credibility.

Spiral, spiral, gurgle gurgle gurgle

I have been working at Overwatch Systems

Pros: The people were good to work with. (At least before all of… Cons: Serious brain drain. Between the layoffs and the "getting out while the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

5+ years with OWS, and I would not return for any price.

Senior Software Eng (Former Employee)

I worked at Overwatch Systems

Pros: Friendly people and work environment. Great Flex time as… Cons: Low raises across the board. Loss of contract equate to lay-offs… Advice to Senior Management: Manage your existing contracts better (when you get more). Plan better for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Overwatch Systems.

Worked for Overwatch Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Overwatch Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Overwatch Systems CEO Kirk Brown. All reviews posted anonymously by Overwatch Systems employees.