Overwatch Systems

www.textronsystems.com
There are newer employer reviews for Overwatch Systems

Great place to work

I have been working at Overwatch Systems

Pros

The company is big enough in the defense industry which makes employees feel that their work is important for national security but not a mega defense corporation where people are units of labor.

The team members are great. Unlike many companies I've worked with, the HR staff is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. Very quick to respond to questions and get things done.

My manager is very active in my career growth within the company and really invests alot of time in me.

Work/Life balance (you can come in to work at 10am if you want - as long as you get your 8 hours in and the work is done by deadline), laid back work place

Cons

Pay is comfortable but not like drug/healthcare industry, the consulting industry or IT field where salaries are much higher. Hey, it's the defense industry.

If you don't have your clearance, you can't work on the really cool stuff right away (this is also a PRO because they will put you in for a clearance - next year I should be able to work on the cool stuff)

Hire more senior military officers fresh from retirement to help win even more business. For such a military/government/intelligence driven environment, I don't see too many former military people in leadership these days.

51 Other Employee Reviews for Overwatch Systems (View Most Recent)

Impressed with the work ethic displayed from all employees -- operations, engineers and functional staff!

Current Employee - Director of Finance in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Finance in Austin, TX

I have been working at Overwatch Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Overwatch is a relatively small operating unit within Textron Systems. You will have the opportunity to make a difference immediately.

Cons

Only “one deep” is several roles due to size. Several roles perform multiple functions or rely on support from other Textron Systems operating units.

Embrace an open door policy. Solicit employee feedback in multiple methods (one-on-one discussions, skip-level lunches, etc.). Address actions promptly.

War Profiteers of open source code and software

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Overwatch Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The corporate headquarters in Austin, TX is a great location and the facility itself is very nice and conducive to collaboration and developers working long hours.

Cons

The company suffers from bloated middle management and lack of business ethic. Employees supporting federal contracts must maintain a foot out the door and prepare for inevitable layoff.

There are newer employer reviews for Overwatch Systems