Owens Corning

www.owenscorning.com
  www.owenscorning.com
There are newer employer reviews for Owens Corning

OC is a good place to work & get experience, but the company lacks a clear vision for succeeding in the future.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Toledo, OH
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Owens Corning

Pros

OC is a global company with many different businesses that provide opportunity for advancement. I like the people that I work with and the underlying financials of the company are sound.

Cons

The overall benefits package outside of the 401K match is abysmal. Corporate support functions can be reorganized to better serve the business and reduce redundancy.

I would like to see a clear vision for the company in the future; right now, I do not see what the plan for the company is going forward. I realize that the company will do better once the NA housing market turns around, but once that happens, I am not sure OC is positioned to continue growth in the future.

117 Other Employee Reviews for Owens Corning (View Most Recent)

OC is the place to be.

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Owens Corning

Pros

The people at OC are very fair and honest. They encourage you to train for future jobs that you may be interested in. Although the salary was not the best I felt like I was able to make up for it with there bonus program. The leadership team often does have there employees in mind an tries to listen to there concerns when they arise. I would recommend Owens Corning to anyone that is looking for a stable career with a fortune 500 company that is growing in both building materials and green products. It was a great place to work.

Cons

Often times it takes to much time to get things done.

Be sure to diversify your mid-management team.

Decent Experience, But Can Do Better.

Current Employee - Information Systems in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Information Systems in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Owens Corning

Pros

The way most of the job areas divided you're almost forced to work in a teaming environment vs. the individual float or sink mentality. There’s plenty of projects going on to get some experience or specialty in a certain area for a couple of years. Though the culture seems to be in a middle of a change, it’s still a relationship driven company which benefits if you can get into it quickly. Overall headquarter facility has a good physical work environment.

Cons

Choose wisely before accepting an offer from this company. The pay is below market value, and health care benefits can be a near joke. The generation gap within the company spawns a lot of resistance to trying anything new with classic “it’s been done for x years” speeches. Be cautious of pigeonholing or taking on projects too far from the mainstream. You will quickly get stuck or have a long uphill trek to justify. Toledo, a rust belt city, where the main office is can be a hard place to live in especially if you’re not from the area or Mid-West.

Look at the big picture. You can do worse, but you can do better too.

Think about how you’re trying to develop and keep people when you’re restructuring while adding more layers of management. Pick an objective and run with it instead of pausing, reworking, and trying to figure out one time use solutions the company bought which is all hinder some.

There are newer employer reviews for Owens Corning