Owens Corning

There are newer employer reviews for Owens Corning

Best Intern Program

Former Employee - Finance Intern in Toledo, OH
Former Employee - Finance Intern in Toledo, OH

I worked at Owens Corning as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I interned with Owens Corning and they have one of the best intern programs out there. I worked in the Finance department and the benefits and experience are incredible. For starters, pay is outstanding with a 40hr work week. You are assigned real projects that have an impact on the company's bottom line. You are evaluated on these projects half way through the summer to make sure you're meeting your goals. Along side with real world work, there are numerous lunches with senior staff. I had lunch with the CEO, CFO, and numerous VP's. As an intern class we were given a budget to do our own community service event. Although rigorous, hard, and rewarding work you have chances to network, make new friends, and even have a softball game vs the senior staff. Summary:

- Great pay
-Important work and projects
-Community Service
-New friends
-Housing stipend if from out of area
-Lunch with Leaders
-Networking
-Trip to visit Plant

Cons

There are very few cons. All interns are welcomed and encouraged to try out and interview for their leadership program. They don't hire everybody but maybe at a disadvantage if you are not from the area. They want to make sure you like the Toledo area and not bail out if you take a full time job. Finance interns seem to get more perks (more lunches with leaders, case study, presentations in auditorium)

Recruiting outside of Toledo puts some interns at a disadvantage so consider were you recruit if it makes a big difference in a full time offer

123 Other Employee Reviews for Owens Corning (View Most Recent)

Really great and family oriented workplace!

Current Employee - Supply Chain in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Owens Corning full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent team environment with opportunities for training and development. Passionate company that cares about it's employees, customers, and suppliers.

Cons

Some departments are less fleixble than others in terms of flexible hours or working from home when necessary. But that is all dependent on how critical it is that in your role you are at your desk during set hours or if the job can be successfully completed away from your desk.

A great place for a summer internship

Former Employee - Supply Chain in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Supply Chain in Toledo, OH

I worked at Owens Corning as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great employee culture
    Meaningful projects for interns
    Competitive pay
    Management is very open and approachable
    Very structured intern program

Cons

Headquarters is located in Toledo, OH
    That being said, most offers are given to people from the area or who express a lot of interest in staying in Toledo.

There are newer employer reviews for Owens Corning