Growth

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Toledo, OH
Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Toledo, OH

I worked at Owens Corning full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

OC is small and has the culture of a small company. The people there are fantastic, helpful, caring, supportive. Benefits are fair. They support the person on the floor very well, giving them tools to succeed.

Cons

The biggest issue I had with being with OC is that they saw themselves as a large company but are really small company. Therefore growth in most cases means giving employees more job duties but without the growth or recognition. There is also a lack of "bench" in both Technical and Engineering.

Advice to Management

Understand that Middle Mgmt is what makes the company go! You need to increase your "bench" , especially Technical/Engineering because this is where you move forward in the execution of your G&Os.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Best Intern Program

Former Intern - Finance Intern in Toledo, OH
    Former Intern - Finance Intern in Toledo, OH

I worked at Owens Corning as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I interned with Owens Corning and they have one of the best intern programs out there. I worked in the Finance department and the benefits and experience are incredible. For starters, pay is outstanding with a 40hr work week. You are assigned real projects that have an impact on the company's bottom line. You are evaluated on these projects half way through the summer to make sure you're meeting your goals. Along side with real world work, there are numerous lunches with senior staff. I had lunch with the CEO, CFO, and numerous VP's. As an intern class we were given a budget to do our own community service event. Although rigorous, hard, and rewarding work you have chances to network, make new friends, and even have a softball game vs the senior staff. Summary:

- Great pay
    -Important work and projects
    -Community Service
    -New friends
    -Housing stipend if from out of area
    -Lunch with Leaders
    -Networking
    -Trip to visit Plant

Cons

There are very few cons. All interns are welcomed and encouraged to try out and interview for their leadership program. They don't hire everybody but maybe at a disadvantage if you are not from the area. They want to make sure you like the Toledo area and not bail out if you take a full time job. Finance interns seem to get more perks (more lunches with leaders, case study, presentations in auditorium)

Advice to Management

Recruiting outside of Toledo puts some interns at a disadvantage so consider were you recruit if it makes a big difference in a full time offer

2. Customer Service

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Toledo, OH

I worked at Owens Corning part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a good reputation and is well known around the world. The headquarters were nice.

Cons

The company was too big and communication wasn't great. Hard work will not be noticed and there is no team feeling.

Advice to Management

Spend a little more time communicating with your employees.