Owens Corning

www.owenscorning.com
  www.owenscorning.com
There are newer employer reviews for Owens Corning

Great franchise, but I was in the wrong one.

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Marketing Director in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Owens Corning

Pros

Good pay.
Uncapped earning potential.
Fun environment.

Cons

Time consuming.
Lots of pressure.

Hire qualified sales reps, not just your friends/family.

117 Other Employee Reviews for Owens Corning (View Most Recent)

A Company with an almost disdain for its salaried employees. Please tell me other U.S. companies aren't this bad.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Owens Corning

Pros

1. Decent work life balance
    2. Fortune 500 name recognition
    3. Pay can be good.

Cons

1. Benefits. Horrible health care benefits. One of the hidden disasters in working for this company is the health care plan is bare bones at best. And it's getting worse for 2010 as they've cut even more out. Pensions are being nixed, they're outsourcing all employer benefits support functions to India. So now if your pay is screwed up congrats you get to call India.
    2. Disdain for employees. I am waiting to see where the evil genius in this company is who is actively trying to eliminate any reason for a talented employee to stay. Just to see if there are any smart people in senior positions left in this company. They keep taking away and taking away, and then any dissent gets pretty heavily crushed.
    3. HR is inept. Pretty much no way to sugar coat this.
    4. Incompetence at director levels and above. All the good talent has left. You see the remaining folks and shake your head.

1. Admit we make a commodity product that ebbs and flows with the building industry.
    2. Fire everyone in human resources and start over. Truly and seriously. I have no quarrel with them, but damn these people are terrible and getting worse.
    3. Stop hitching your wagon to whatever consultant promises you drastic results for only a couple zillion dollars. I'm talking lean/six sigma which has delivered nothing but powerpoint slides.

OC is a good place to work & get experience, but the company lacks a clear vision for succeeding in the future.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Owens Corning

Pros

OC is a global company with many different businesses that provide opportunity for advancement. I like the people that I work with and the underlying financials of the company are sound.

Cons

The overall benefits package outside of the 401K match is abysmal. Corporate support functions can be reorganized to better serve the business and reduce redundancy.

I would like to see a clear vision for the company in the future; right now, I do not see what the plan for the company is going forward. I realize that the company will do better once the NA housing market turns around, but once that happens, I am not sure OC is positioned to continue growth in the future.

There are newer employer reviews for Owens Corning