There are newer employer reviews for Owens & Minor

Do Not Work Here!!!!!!!!! Horrible experience!!

Former Employee - Order Picker in Waunakee, WI
Former Employee - Order Picker in Waunakee, WI

I worked at Owens & Minor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Quarterly bonuses. I don't have any other positive things to say.

Cons

Unqualified supervisors. Lying by supervisors and warehouse mgr. Too much favoritism. Crude, imature, sexist and racist behavior by co-workers. Terrible HR dept. Always worried about the bottom line.

Advice to Management

Hire better quality people! Treat people with respect. More training for supervisors and leads. Enforce policies and rules. Promote people who deserve a promotion.

reviews filtered by
  1. Warehouse Associate

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Owens & Minor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You know your paycheck is coming every 2 weeks. The employees are helpful and friendly.

Cons

No room for advancement. Managers have no time management skills. Alot of favortism. The JAX DC has no "team" effort. Example: Do as I say but NOT ad I do.

Advice to Management

Your workers are a valuable assest to the company. There is nothing wrong with reminding them of your appreciation. Workers need to be motivated instead of discouraged. Let people know how their productivity is on a weekly basis. I dont know what advice to give to people who are suppose to be educated and trained for a management position?! Maybe you guys could use workshops for supervisor. ????

2. Dissatisfied and unhappy

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Lead in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Lead in Hanover, MD

I have been working at Owens & Minor

Pros

They offer a great benefit package. Depending on who your manager is and what department you work for, flexibility may be available.

Cons

Compensation and salary are horrible. Compared to other companies, Owens and Minor does not pay any where other companies for the same exact position. If you are looking for a place to work and money isn't important Owens and Minor might be for you. If you are working to take care of and support a family, look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Learn some compassion and understanding. Put your position titles, salaries and ego to the side and treat your employees with some compassion and understanding.

There are newer employer reviews for Owens & Minor