Ok place to work, but I did not stay there.

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst  in  Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Richmond, VA

I worked at Owens & Minor as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I was a contractor at Owens and Minor through Dell Services in 2011 doing supply chain related programming and support.
1. The people are mostly nice and the corporate office was nice.
2. I was allowed to work from home a good bit of the time.
3. It was a good experience learning more about supply chain and logistics from the medical supplies side of things.
4. The company seem's to have good goals and vision for the future.
5. The pay was ok as a "contractor".

Cons

1. They asked me to convert to perm, but I did not take a perm job with Owens & Minor because the salary wasn't competitive. it seemed like the salary they expected me to take and the job title was a bit behind the times.
2. I had to support after hours ( on weekends and nights sometimes ). The support was part of the job, but I just don't think it was something I wanted to do long-term.
3. I feel like although it was a good place to work, there are some politics related to the whole O&M and Dell Services relationship that made it difficult sometimes to figure out exactly what to do with time reporting, etc because its almost like you are working for Dell and O&M at the same time.

If people need to work on the weekend outside of emergency support, please respect them and schedule the work before the weekend. Also, the job titles and salaries were not in line what is the reality in the software industry. If you guys want good people, you need to pay competitive salaries.

Other Reviews for Owens & Minor

Comfortable place to work in Richmond

Former Employee - Manager  in  Mechanicsville, VA
    Former Employee - Manager in Mechanicsville, VA

I worked at Owens & Minor full-time

Pros

Company has high respect for their employees, and does well to recognize talent and performance. I had a great supervisor and was really excited about working there with my team.

Cons

I question the direction of the organization at the highest levels. Often there are too many priorities because of the need to invest in some areas.

Focus on one path to growth and stability.

Cares for the teammates and the community

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mechanicsville, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsville, VA

I have been working at Owens & Minor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lovely work environment, great coworkers, professional atmosphere, decent salary and good benefits are the things I see with Owens & Minor. The company has a strong dedication to the community and value teammates who spend time volunteering. Owens & Minor truly has its own culture.

Cons

Sometimes the management tends to turn their head when teammates don't follow policy. Especially when following policies isn't convenient.

Continue to value teammates who work hard and value their customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Owens & Minor.

Worked for Owens & Minor? Contribute to the Community!