Owens & Minor
www.owens-minor.com Mechanicsville, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Ok place to work, but I did not stay there.

Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA

I worked at Owens & Minor as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI was a contractor at Owens and Minor through Dell Services in 2011 doing supply chain related programming and support.
1. The people are mostly nice and the corporate office was nice.
2. I was allowed to work from home a good bit of the time.
3. It was a good experience learning more about supply chain and logistics from the medical supplies side of things.
4. The company seem's to have good goals and vision for the future.
5. The pay was ok as a "contractor".

Cons1. They asked me to convert to perm, but I did not take a perm job with Owens & Minor because the salary wasn't competitive. it seemed like the salary they expected me to take and the job title was a bit behind the times.
2. I had to support after hours ( on weekends and nights sometimes ). The support was part of the job, but I just don't think it was something I wanted to do long-term.
3. I feel like although it was a good place to work, there are some politics related to the whole O&M and Dell Services relationship that made it difficult sometimes to figure out exactly what to do with time reporting, etc because its almost like you are working for Dell and O&M at the same time.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf people need to work on the weekend outside of emergency support, please respect them and schedule the work before the weekend. Also, the job titles and salaries were not in line what is the reality in the software industry. If you guys want good people, you need to pay competitive salaries.

Cares for the teammates and the community

Mechanicsville, VA

I have been working at Owens & Minor full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lovely work environment, great coworkers, professional atmosphere, decent salary and good benefits are the things I see with Owens & Minor. The… Cons: Sometimes the management tends to turn their head when teammates… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to value teammates who work hard and value their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Long hours short pay.

Warehouseman (Current Employee)
Livermore, CA

I have been working at Owens & Minor full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great benefits which include healthcare, dental and 401K. Cons: Hours are long, sometimes working over twelve hours per day.… Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Owens & Minor.

Worked for Owens & Minor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Owens & Minor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Owens & Minor CEO Craig R. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Owens & Minor employees.