Manager

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Owens & Minor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can't speak for everyone at O&M but every person I have worked with at O&M is honest, hardworking and easy to get along with.

Cons

The pay could be higher however the fact that I like who I work with makes up more than enough for the slightly lower pay scale.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Comfortable place to work in Richmond

Former Employee - Manager in Mechanicsville, VA
    Former Employee - Manager in Mechanicsville, VA

I worked at Owens & Minor full-time

Pros

Company has high respect for their employees, and does well to recognize talent and performance. I had a great supervisor and was really excited about working there with my team.

Cons

I question the direction of the organization at the highest levels. Often there are too many priorities because of the need to invest in some areas.

Advice to Management

Focus on one path to growth and stability.

Ok place to work, but I did not stay there.

Former Contractor - Programmer/Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Former Contractor - Programmer/Analyst in Richmond, VA

I worked at Owens & Minor as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a contractor at Owens and Minor through Dell Services in 2011 doing supply chain related programming and support. 1. The people are mostly nice and the corporate office was nice. 2. I was allowed to work from home a good bit of the time. 3. It was a good experience learning more about supply chain and logistics from the medical supplies side of things. 4. The company seem's to have good goals and vision for the future. 5. The pay was ok as a "contractor".

Cons

1. They asked me to convert to perm, but I did not take a perm job with Owens & Minor because the salary wasn't competitive. it seemed like the salary they expected me to take and the job title was a bit behind the times. 2. I had to support after hours ( on weekends and nights sometimes ). The support was part of the job, but I just don't think it was something I wanted to do long-term. 3. I feel like although it was a good place to work, there are some politics related to the whole O&M and Dell Services relationship that made it difficult sometimes to figure out exactly what to do with time reporting, etc because its almost like you are working for Dell and O&M at the same time.

Advice to Management

If people need to work on the weekend outside of emergency support, please respect them and schedule the work before the weekend. Also, the job titles and salaries were not in line what is the reality in the software industry. If you guys want good people, you need to pay competitive salaries.