Owens & Minor

www.owens-minor.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Owens & Minor

Too many changes, to often, to gain growth traction.

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Owens & Minor full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Solid business experience. Large ticket, complex sale. Solid understanding of P&L to be successfully.

Cons

Upper management constant change does more to derail business than help business grow. Needs to find new growth engine and not try to make it fit into four walls of the distribution business to be successful. Distribution is a commodity. Diversify!

Top leadership team needs fresh ideas to grow. Core top leaders are victims of groupthink and spin the same old ideas over again and again.

82 Other Employee Reviews for Owens & Minor (View Most Recent)

Account Management

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Owens & Minor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have very good Health Benefits.

Cons

Horrible, horrible compensation as compared to other competing businesses.

Move into the new millennium, before your best employees have all gone over to the competition.

Ok place to work, but I did not stay there.

Former Contractor - Programmer/Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Former Contractor - Programmer/Analyst in Richmond, VA

I worked at Owens & Minor as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I was a contractor at Owens and Minor through Dell Services in 2011 doing supply chain related programming and support.
    1. The people are mostly nice and the corporate office was nice.
    2. I was allowed to work from home a good bit of the time.
    3. It was a good experience learning more about supply chain and logistics from the medical supplies side of things.
    4. The company seem's to have good goals and vision for the future.
    5. The pay was ok as a "contractor".

Cons

1. They asked me to convert to perm, but I did not take a perm job with Owens & Minor because the salary wasn't competitive. it seemed like the salary they expected me to take and the job title was a bit behind the times.
    2. I had to support after hours ( on weekends and nights sometimes ). The support was part of the job, but I just don't think it was something I wanted to do long-term.
    3. I feel like although it was a good place to work, there are some politics related to the whole O&M and Dell Services relationship that made it difficult sometimes to figure out exactly what to do with time reporting, etc because its almost like you are working for Dell and O&M at the same time.

If people need to work on the weekend outside of emergency support, please respect them and schedule the work before the weekend. Also, the job titles and salaries were not in line what is the reality in the software industry. If you guys want good people, you need to pay competitive salaries.

There are newer employer reviews for Owens & Minor