Owens & Minor

www.owens-minor.com
There are newer employer reviews for Owens & Minor

Owens & Minor is not like it used to be...much better place to work for 5-6 years ago.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Owens & Minor

Pros

great teammates, below management level.

Cons

multiple levels of management. Many mgt changes. preformed opinions based upon rumors, not facts.

Lighten up and recognize you have to pay to get and retail quality employees.

75 Other Employee Reviews for Owens & Minor (View Most Recent)

"Family Owned" Disowns Its' Own

Current Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Owens & Minor

Pros

A recession-proof business, and O&M is the best in the business.

Cons

Strange compensation plans which can crop up and cut your salary by a significant amount? Yes, it happened. Despite complaints from the field, senior management has done nothing to either address the plan across the board, nor make any wide-scale changes. We were told the changes are to encourage positive business practices and discourage costly business burdens. The issue is that the sales force cannot influence the business choices of the hospital (one GPO vs another), nor the larger scale economic decisions driving purchases. This change has done nothing more than cause more resentment amongst the sales force. O&M prides itself on being a "family" company, but I know I speak for much of the sales force when I say that I feel like a teenager being thrown out of his own house after getting good grades, doing his homework and all chores. This plan is a slap in the face. It would be one thing if commissions were cut because our industry and company were riding the same national economic downturn, but we're posting record growth, our stock prices have gone up. We're taking care of the Street more than our own people.

Listen to the people who brought you from $5B to $7B and give them the compensation they deserve.

No Kudos

Former Employee - Order Picker
    Former Employee - Order Picker

I worked at Owens & Minor full-time

Pros

Liked most of my peers.

Expectations for performance were clear.

This sentence is just to bring the pros up to the twenty word minimum.

Cons

If you're connected with management, you can get away with a lot of sins (texting, late for work, and more).

Warehouse hot in the summer, cold in the winter.

Better be ready to do OT on one hour's notice regardless of your personal situation. Will be held against you if you have to leave on time.

Don't know what goes on at the top, but the level 1, 2, and 3 managers (yes that includes the GM) at my site were lacking.

Eliminate the slackers, those who are poor managers regardless of tenure.

There are newer employer reviews for Owens & Minor