Oxford Instruments

www.oxford-instruments.com
  www.oxford-instruments.com
There are newer employer reviews for Oxford Instruments

Big enough to provide great opportunities, but not so big as to be run by douchbags.

Former Employee - Process Technician in Yatton, South West England, England (UK)

I worked at Oxford Instruments full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent working environment.
Good career progression opportunities.
Possibility of moving between roles in the company to find your niche.
Honest leadership, I felt like this place was trying hard not to screw you over.
Excellent travel opportunities (at least in my role)
Friendly and respectful Management

Cons

Super stingy bonus when the companies stock soared, shouldn't complain too much though. most companies wouldn't give anything.

Honestly there's not much I'd change. Communication with upper management could be a bit slow though. ie waiting to find out if my contract would be renewed took so long I ended up looking elsewhere.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Oxford Instruments (View Most Recent)

Oxford Instruments is an overall great place to work

Former Employee - Safety Intern in Carteret, NJ
    Former Employee - Safety Intern in Carteret, NJ

I worked at Oxford Instruments as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Oxford instruments compensates its interns well. Management consist of smart dedicated people. Hourly workers are friendly and willing to work with you. The company isn't too big so you get to know everyone

Cons

Some people who have been working there for some time ten to be slightly too laid back. Meetings are sometimes cancelled without others being notified.

invest in younger talent. provide more opportunities to receive certifications such as yellow,green, or black belt.

Oxford

I worked at Oxford Instruments full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company has been around a long time. A lot of good people there but the general feeling is that the company is a hostile environment. I have to write 100 words for this review to be accepted so this sentence is a part of that. Thanks.

Cons

Communication very one sided at times. Employees seem fearful, high turnover and no trust in upper management. Nobody bothers to offer suggestions anymore as the path is predetermined and no good deed goes unpunished here. It verges on military hierarchy.

Listen to your people and treat them with respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Oxford Instruments