P.A.M. Transportation

www.pamtransport.com
  www.pamtransport.com
There are newer employer reviews for P.A.M. Transportation

2 weeks with a "mentor" is not enough... especially if you went through the C1 CDL mill!

Former Employee - OTR Driver  in  Tontitown, AR
Former Employee - OTR Driver in Tontitown, AR

I worked at P.A.M. Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

*get good miles with good Driver Manager, and, a working truck.

*teams do well

*help you get your CDL, and, it'll get payed off IF (and I mean if) you make it a year with them.

Cons

*2 weeks with a mentor (I had several days of no driving at all... mentor taking home time, stuck somewhere for maintenance, etc.). There's no way that's enough time unless you've had experience or went to a really good CDL school that actually taught backing (you won't get much in two weeks.... if at all. I didn't do much. One friend of mine Got to twice bobtail... ridiculous). Felt like I was taught close to nothing then thrown to the wolves to teach myself OTR. Recipe for disaster! Why should they care if drivers are badly trained. Why care that the first year of driving is the hardest and this makes it near impossible unless you are lucky enough to get a good partner ( I only had teammate for less than a week!). There's always more poor souls showing up for orientation in droves.

*Some at office will talk down or just plain lie to drivers

*pay is pretty low. They drive teams to death for 0.17 a mile. You don't get payed for the actually miles you drive

*be prepared to spend days trapped in Laredo

*some of the trucks are pretty old. You might end up with a real lemon automatic (being phased out) and spend A LOT of time at a shop not making any miles.

*you'll ask for home-time after 5 weeks out and they'll "try" to get you home for a few days.

Go back to at least 4 weeks of training...who ever came up with 2 weeks should be demoted.. Get rid of bad trainers (like screamers and people who don't train). Get more evening/weekend DM's that know what they're doing. Do something about the situation in Laredo that has a ridiculous amount of drivers trapped for who knows how long.

26 Other Employee Reviews for P.A.M. Transportation (View Most Recent)

worst company I've worked for

Current Employee - Relay Driver  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Relay Driver in Irving, TX

I have been working at P.A.M. Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

i was hired to do a relay run to get home every day and i do plus i get a pay check every week

Cons

to many drivers for same positions, not enough work dispatchers out right lie to you to get u to do what they want. they have crappy equipment that just keeps breaking down

stop hiring drivers when current drivers aren't getting to work full time.

low pay,unapreciated,stuck,unhappy

Current Employee - Team Driver  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Team Driver in Irving, TX

I have been working at P.A.M. Transportation

Pros

helped in getting my cdl, but the team driving is more then i can stand. have no problem with race ,color or creed just diffrent he like's to listen to rap ,me country and im made to do this for six month's. hometime sucks!

Cons

i been swamp with long hours on the road sitting not making enough money to keep up with bills at home and my wife is wanting me to quit so ill be home keeps me out a month at a time one week my pay is $450 the next its $ 250 theres no way a man can be expected to support his family like this ,over all im not happy with this company someone pls point me in the right way to a better company and real pay

because im new to the bisnessi dont really have advise for the ceo's but how about if your going to keep me out a month at a time keep me moving in stead of sitting wasteing my time..

There are newer employer reviews for P.A.M. Transportation

Worked for P.A.M. Transportation? Contribute to the Community!