There are newer employer reviews for P.A.M. Transportation

It has been great so far!!

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - OTR Driver in Nashville, TN

I have been working at P.A.M. Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay has been Great, I've been Home enough. I absolutely love the Traveling, because I'm able to see the Country and get Paid!!

Cons

Currently not dissatisfied at the moment. None.

Other Employee Reviews for P.A.M. Transportation

great company

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Blakeslee, PA
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Blakeslee, PA

I have been working at P.A.M. Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

if u can make it throught 6 mo of teams and not crash u can make mentor and then the pay is great

Cons

real hard company to stay with at first very slow start but if u hold in u can make it

2 weeks with a "mentor" is not enough... especially if you went through the C1 CDL mill!

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Tontitown, AR
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Tontitown, AR

I worked at P.A.M. Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*get good miles with good Driver Manager, and, a working truck. *teams do well *help you get your CDL, and, it'll get payed off IF (and I mean if) you make it a year with them.

Cons

*2 weeks with a mentor (I had several days of no driving at all... mentor taking home time, stuck somewhere for maintenance, etc.). There's no way that's enough time unless you've had experience or went to a really good CDL school that actually taught backing (you won't get much in two weeks.... if at all. I didn't do much. One friend of mine Got to twice bobtail... ridiculous). Felt like I was taught close to nothing then thrown to the wolves to teach myself OTR. Recipe for disaster! Why should they care if drivers are badly trained. Why care that the first year of driving is the hardest and this makes it near impossible unless you are lucky enough to get a good partner ( I only had teammate for less than a week!). There's always more poor souls showing up for orientation in droves. *Some at office will talk down or just plain lie to drivers *pay is pretty low. They drive teams to death for 0.17 a mile. You don't get payed for the actually miles you drive *be prepared to spend days trapped in Laredo *some of the trucks are pretty old. You might end up with a real lemon automatic (being phased out) and spend A LOT of time at a shop not making any miles. *you'll ask for home-time after 5 weeks out and they'll "try" to get you home for a few days.

Advice to Management

Go back to at least 4 weeks of training...who ever came up with 2 weeks should be demoted.. Get rid of bad trainers (like screamers and people who don't train). Get more evening/weekend DM's that know what they're doing. Do something about the situation in Laredo that has a ridiculous amount of drivers trapped for who knows how long.