P.F. Chang's

www.pfcb.com
  www.pfcb.com
There are newer employer reviews for P.F. Chang's

Fun coworker environment, great products, fast paced work.

Current Employee - Server in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Server in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at P.F. Chang's

Pros

Flexible electronic scheduling is convenient. Shifts are generally always less than 8 hours. Well developed corporate style SOPs. Good employee discounts. Popularity with guests creates a fun dynamic and generally busy work place.

Cons

Managers can often get very stressed on the very busy nights, which creates tension that trickles down to servers, and inevitably to the guests as well. Restaurants should hopefully be more busy than not, managers should learn to expect that and respond positively to that environment to keep things positive for staff and customers.

I have enjoyed my time at PF Changs so far, and for a serving job it is mostly what I expect. It is always important in a fast paced work environment to stay positive an upbeat as a manager so your staff will follow suit. I think that is something my managers could improve upon.

296 Other Employee Reviews for P.F. Chang's (View Most Recent)

A good place to work as a college student

Current Employee - Hostess in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Hostess in Durham, NC

I have been working at P.F. Chang's

Pros

Good pay, good company atmosphere, delicious food. If I had stayed longer I would have been able to advance to a server position but due to extenuating circumstances I had to quit this job.

Cons

The sort of people that come into PF Changs are difficult at times, and can be rude to host staff.

At times they tended to be a bit pompous, and acted far more superior above the other employees, which made employees less likely to agree with them and respect them.

Culinary Partners were unorganized, extremely disrespectful; is this the business model for all locations - WOW?????

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I worked at P.F. Chang's

Pros

Orientation was very organized - this is a new location. Company philosophies were impressive - the language and content make you want to work at PF Changs. Organizational structure and strict adherence to policy was well documented in the manuals and publications presented during this orientation period.

Cons

Unfortunately, everything that was presented in the orientation is not, in fact, part of "real-life" daily management practices.

No cross training. Hard work is never recognized. Management has "employees" are expendable attitude. The 1-800 number is referred to 1-800-GET-URAF. Broken equipment not fixed or replaced; Fundamental Five - NEVER enforced - accept when "regional" is watching. Great employees will quickly find other opportunities and resign - leaving the mediocre, at best, to crank out impersonations of "PF Chang" recipes. I could go on and on.

Follow your "printed" company philosophy - it is what propelled you to success. Your original quality has been replaced by a facsimile that is driven by quantity only. This continuing philosophy will be the destructive catalyst that spurs a decline that cannot be stopped. Remember where you came from - big is not better if you do not consistently practice what you preach.

There are newer employer reviews for P.F. Chang's