P.F. Chang's

There are newer employer reviews for P.F. Chang's

Server

Current Employee - Server in Mesa, AZ
Current Employee - Server in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at P.F. Chang's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great working environment. Management is very helpful with scheduling and time off.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any bad thing to say about working for pf changs. I make my own hours and come home with cash in my pocket every night.

Keep doing what your doing?

325 Other Employee Reviews for P.F. Chang's (View Most Recent)

Typical corporate restaurant chain: Admirable mission statement, but the bottom line trumps it.

Current Employee - Bartender
    Current Employee - Bartender

I have been working at P.F. Chang's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very thorough training. Hard-working team-oriented co-workers. Web-based scheduling through hotschedules.com -- great mobile app by hotschedules.

Cons

DRAMA. High-volume restaurant can make for tired and stressed out servers and bartenders. JACKASS customers who are practiced at getting comped. "Well at the PFChangs in blankety blank they never charge me to sub noodles for rice. And these dumplings are so gummy and overcooked. What are you going to do about this!!" (Oh man do I pity your spouse and kids. Please just go back to blankety blank)

Discern the Peter Principle: People climbing the corporate ladder eventually rise above their level of competence. Their subordinates must then suffer through their incompetence until they are inevitably demoted or terminated. Please, if an employee shows any tendencies toward covering their ass, it will only get worse if they are promoted to management. Also, it would be nice if the people at the regional level and higher engaged the restaurant employees as human beings supporting this corporate pyramid. It's as if they enter the restaurant and see a machine to exam and tweak, rarely acknowledging the hard-working people (with actual names they could inquire of) keeping the doors open each day. Yep. Admirable mission statement, but the bottom line trumps it.

Sous Chef

I worked at P.F. Chang's

Pros

Salary, Parking, Benefits, learn new cuisine.

Cons

Hours worked (55-60). Very fast when during rush hour time. Stressful

There are newer employer reviews for P.F. Chang's