Server

Former Employee - Server  in  Greensboro, NC
Former Employee - Server in Greensboro, NC

I worked at P.F. Chang's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment. Teamwork is promoted between all levels of employees. Decent pay if you develop some customer loyalty.

Cons

The company was recently privatized and the management will try to squeeze every ounce of profit-producing activities out of you. There is a lot of favoritism.
If you want to make good money you will have to attain seniority (by being there the longest), brown nosing with the management, and working late on weekends.

Chill out and let people do their jobs.

Other Reviews for P.F. Chang's

eh

I have been working at P.F. Chang's part-time for less than a year

Pros

my coworkers are great and everyone tries to help each other

Cons

place is very disorganized and management concentrates on the wrong things. The place is asking me to claim tips that I in turn tip out to other staff, so I am claiming more money than I am actually making......................

Not Constructive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at P.F. Chang's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Servers, and Back-waiters really do their best to help each other out. Since it's a chain, you can make decent money here on weekends. They will work with you if you have school or another job. Hours are very flexible. It's very easy to switch shifts if you need time off.

Cons

Half of Management is under-qualified for the position due to a high turn over rate in Managers and Operating Partners. When managers/trainers have a problem with someone's performance they will tell everyone else, instead of giving constructive criticism. Servers and Trainers compete to get into the good shifts and sections. There isn't any rotating sections. Favoritism is a problem at this location. There are some back-waiters who never get promoted to server & other back-waiters who are best friends with managers that get promoted immediately.

Make decisions based on what is best for the company, and stop playing favorites. Pay more attention to the floor, and not what others are gossiping about.

There are newer employer reviews for P.F. Chang's.

Worked for P.F. Chang's? Contribute to the Community!