P.F. Chang's

Quality, Professionalism, Successful Restaurant

Bartender (Current Employee)
Lansing, MI

I have been working at P.F. Chang's full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPF Chang's has done such a great job creating its brand name that even through recessionary times we stay very busy. I make great money and the schedule is very flexible. When you visit other restaurants and see how they do things, you cant help but feel like you are working for one of the best. I have worked for four other restaurants prior to Chang's, and no other corporate restaurant in my experience is as professional as PF Chang's. We focus greatly on our guest to ensure they have the best experience they can. The pay is also better, not just because I make more tips here, but there is also opportunity for a base pay increase.

ConsIt seems there is not very far to climb. The corporate way of this company is to only let you achieve management in a single store. If you have goals to work in corporate or in a district management or any other form of advancement beyond your own little store, good luck. Other cons of this restaurant are typical in the corporate restaurant environment. They constantly make changes that seem to not make sense because frankly they don't know what it is like on the front lines of the restaurant. Also, they have decided to cut wages for all of the management staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop suffocating your operating partners with all of your micro management controls. Set the guidelines and then let go just a little bit. You may be surprised that when you let someone govern more of their own restaurant it may become more profitable. Besides who really knows the customers of the store, someone who deals with them everyday, or someone who is sitting behind a desk somewhere ten states away? Also, don't strip away incentives. Its pretty simple incentives drive those who are receiving them to do greater so they can receive more, if you take them away where is their INCENTIVE to improve?

Typical corporate restaurant chain: Admirable mission statement, but the bottom line trumps it.

Bartender (Current Employee)

I have been working at P.F. Chang's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very thorough training. Hard-working team-oriented co-workers. Web-based scheduling through… Cons: DRAMA. High-volume restaurant can make for tired and stressed out servers and bartenders. JACKASS customers who are practiced at getting comped. "Well at… Advice to Senior Management: Discern the Peter Principle: People climbing the corporate ladder eventually rise above their level of competence. Their subordinates must then suffer through their incompetence until… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Sous Chef

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at P.F. Chang's

Pros: Salary, Parking, Benefits, learn new cuisine. Cons: Hours worked (55-60). Very fast when during rush hour time.… More

There are newer reviews on P.F. Chang's.

Worked for P.F. Chang's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at P.F. Chang's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for P.F. Chang's CEO Richard L. Federico. All reviews posted anonymously by P.F. Chang's employees.