Fun place

Former Employee - Hostess in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Hostess in Boston, MA

I worked at P.F. Chang's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment to work at as a college student. Management and employees treat each other with respect.

Cons

Some guest can be a little rude give the location of the restaurant. You get stuck working some holidays but management tried to be fair about this.

Advice to Management

none.

Other Employee Reviews for P.F. Chang's

1. An Excellent job with room to move up!

Current Employee - National Certified Trainer in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - National Certified Trainer in Boise, ID

I have been working at P.F. Chang's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is consistancey with working at P.F. Changs. Service should be very similar at every Changs across the nation. The standard of Changs produces quality servers. You have to work as a team and in doing so I have made a lot of friends through working at P.F. Changs.

Cons

Some of the cons are dealing with the constant changes of a coperation. You are still able to but your own flare and personal style on things, but it isn't as lax as working in a local restuarant. As with any restuarant it can be long hours and hours on holidays and weekends.

Advice to Management

The management does a great job and really does look out for everyone in my store. The only advice I would have is to be a little more strict when it comes to closing duties and holding others accoutable who don't follow through with all their side work. It allows others to think they can get away with it.

They don't care about you.

Current Employee - Manager in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at P.F. Chang's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Name is considered as upscale to people you tell you work there.

Cons

Everyone was lured in with a small base salary and potential for big bonuses. But now bonuses non existent. Bought out by Centerbridge in May 2012. Have been cutting salaries and bonuses ever since. Way underpaying their managers and have taken a huge chunk of money out of their pockets. Everyone is trying to abandon ship. Only thing keeping managers there is the economy and lack of other job openings. Operating partners get one more big payout this upcoming February from old bonus program. I'm sure they will be looking right after that. Everyone has loss confidence in upper management, and there is complete lack of ownership by managers, and for good reason. It has come to a point where many of us cannot afford to stay with PF Chang's. What a shame.

Advice to Management

If economy gets any better, you will lose lots of talented people. Sure you can get a replacement for less. But you get what you pay for. "A better world"????...I think not.