P.F. Chang's

There are newer employer reviews for P.F. Chang's

Mentally exhausting

Current Employee - Server in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Server in Richmond, VA

I have been working at P.F. Chang's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Schedule flexibility, especially when in college. Job is routine, basic processing and delivering orders. Money is good at times.

Cons

There are nights where you literally work to pay when tables leave little to no tip, you pay due to tip out based on sales. The can be incredibly stressful, especially when management limits number of servers on the floor, requiring the servers to take on larger sections, which could lead to poor service.

Stop the yelling, it gets old, and the servers tune you out

325 Other Employee Reviews for P.F. Chang's (View Most Recent)

Decent job, decent pay, good for students

Former Employee - Bartender/Server in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Bartender/Server in San Jose, CA

I worked at P.F. Chang's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

P.F. Chang's provides strong internal structure, as well as clearly outlined training procedures. The emphasis on customer service can be felt from the top-down; corporate and mid-level management alike encourage and support consistent service behavior. The product is average, but employees at most locations are taught to deliver above-average to excellent service. Expect flexible scheduling and manageable workloads (unless you reach management level). There are opportunities to move up, though few would recommend it.

Cons

Managers work long hours (50-60 hours a week at my location); compensation is decent overall but seemingly not worthwhile for the workload (high turnover rate supports this idea). Supervisors are poorly compensated; many return to their service positions (server, bartender) because the tips outweigh both the added hourly wage and the benefit of the experience. As stated above, product is average (at best), but this is to be expected in a chain restaurant that is interested in selling its product for a reasonable price to as wide a range of customers as possible.

See: cons

Worked here briefly, very corporate structure but otherwise fine.

Former Employee - Server in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at P.F. Chang's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I worked here very briefly and they were in between changing managers so I'm not sure how relevant all of this will be; however, at the time things felt disorganized but were improving drastically with each passing week under the new manager. I heard later that the manager who hired me had known he was only staying for a year and so had been checked out all along. This helps to explain why it was chaotic when I got hired. The new manager seemed strict but overall it made things better.

Cons

they had breakers, no bussers, the dishwashing/breakdown system was disorganized so it got backed up quickly. The sections and side work didn't rotate so if you were a favorite this was cool and if not sucks for you. three to five tables per section. I didn't make much - 20 bucks in weekdays and 70-100 on friday night as a server. But like I said i was only there a month so I'm sure I could have been moved to better sections or given more tables as I gained seniority. I left because I felt there was better potential to make more money at my other job

There are newer employer reviews for P.F. Chang's