There are newer employer reviews for P.F. Chang's

BackWaiter is not an ideal position

Former Employee - BackWaiter in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - BackWaiter in Charlotte, NC

Pros

I loved the atmosphere and food at P.F. Changs. For the most part, all of my managers and co-workers were friendly and professional. Even though the duties of a backwaiter are not ideal or pleasant, I enjoyed the relationships I made with other employees and felt valued as an employee.

Cons

The job requirements for this position are not glamorous. Being a female amongst mostly males was awkward at times. Even though I could hold my own, I did not like carying the huge black trays, especially when they were overloaded with food. Had I known I would be taking out the trash and doing other people's dirty work all day, I probably wouldn't have taken the position in the first place. Being a server is a different story; they make a lot more money and have minimal sidework (bc the backwaiters do all of the re-stocking).

Advice to Management

If you tell someone they will be promoted to server after a certain amount of time, you should promote them when the time comes or at least talk with them about why they are not being promoted instead of just ignoring the discussion.

Other Employee Reviews for P.F. Chang's

1. Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Flexible schedule and good money.

Cons

You have to work weekends to make your money.

Advice to Management

Paid Vacation!

2. Love Chang's

Current Employee - Hostess in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Hostess in Princeton, NJ

Pros

Excellent working environment. Management is very supportive, competent, friendly, and understanding. Co-workers make the job fun. They work with your schedule, and allow you to trade/pick up shifts as needed.Great relationship between the hosts and the servers. Although there are strict guidelines that must be followed, this job really allows you to express your personality. Overall great place to work.

Cons

The customers can be a little overwhelming at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!